Ibanez Lo-TRS II trem question (floyd rose in general)

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Ibanez Lo-TRS II trem question (floyd rose in general)

Post by Dawdy »

i've got this new project, its an Ibanez RG350DX

anyways, i took the bridge apart to clean it, and when i put it back together and strung it up, i noticed that the high e string sits higher than the rest (at the bridge). it looks like the saddle is sitting higher. there is nothing to adjust it. Are each of the saddles meant for a specific string? i got thinking that maybe i fucked up the order when i put the bridge back together.
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

take another look at the spring plate in the back, there should be an adjustment screw on each side, unless its the zero resistance trem in which case it isnt a spring set up
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

actually, after reading that again, you should take it back apart and make sure you are clear of any obstruction that could impair the way it sits in the bridge, unless the whole bridge itself is crooked, pay no mind to my last coment
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

pics
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i managed to fix it. i took them all back off and laid them on the table. re-arranged a couple of them and they seem to be close in height, or atleast they slope together
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

the two outside saddles are lower on mine. i fucking hate that thing. all the screws are stripped and the knife edges are worn down so that now it clicks instead of just bends. i could just get a real floyd rose but the guitar isnt worth it to me
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

ok i actually managed to get it all back to the way it is supposed to be, instead of just close enough. Maybe i didnt realize it, or im too dumb to know these things, but the strings arc from high E to low E, with D and G being the highest. The saddles are in pairs. So there should be 3 pairs of two that are the same height.

E and E are the lowest pair
D and G are the highest
A and B are in between

so there, if anybody comes across the same problem i had.
eargazm
I will fuck you up

Post by eargazm »

floyd roses suck DICK
I might have been born yesterday, sir; but I stayed up all night
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

i agree. i have no use for it, but i couldnt pass up the deal on this Ibanez. i blocked the bridge so it doesnt move. so it basically functions like a fixed bridge. no screwing around tuning, re-tuning, and adjusting when changing strings. Tuning to drop D doesnt throw the other strings out of tune. etc