Just bought a tube amp

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Just bought a tube amp

Post by JesseJames »

But not a hugely expensive one, but fucking a, the distortion on this thing is AWESOME! :aargh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijoCTwTN ... re=related

Here is some fat kid playing the distortion on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTRfo73 ... re=related
Last edited by JesseJames on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

ive never played one but i've only heard good things. how much $?
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I bought the half stack set, cab and amp 749.00, with free shipping as well.
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

bugera is also german engineering faggot ..he sucks i dont like him..ESTABON would eat him ALIVE!

A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Uh...your LTD was made in Korea.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

gay_hayride wrote: german engineering

:tup:
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Re: Just bought a tube amp

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

JesseJames wrote:But not a hugely expensive one, but fucking a, the distortion on this thing is AWESOME! :aargh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijoCTwTN ... re=related

Here is some fat kid playing the distortion on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTRfo73 ... re=related
Thats straight from the head? Not too bad at all!
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

And the cab is rated to 200w
To get a tube head plus a 4x12 cab for way under 1g, doesnt happen nowadays.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

I never heard of Bugera but holy shit does it look cool

I know some dude who is selling a Marshall 1960a cabinet for 200 bucks and i'm REALLY contemplating buying it.
4x12 w/ celestion green backs, the outside is a lil dinged up but thats fuck all.

I don't have a head to power it but i doubt i will see a deal like this again, i'll get a head probably this summer.
... You're killing me, Smalls.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I just loved the sound, if it sounds that good on youtube it has to sound killer live.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Sounds pretty sweet. I was looking at one of those Steve Vai Legacy combos as a guitar amp myself but you'll have to tell me how that amp sounds clean.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfl?yd wrote:Sounds pretty sweet. I was looking at one of those Steve Vai Legacy combos as a guitar amp myself but you'll have to tell me how that amp sounds clean.
Will do, but ive head people play it clean on youtube and it sounds sweet. Very resonant and clear.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Sounds pretty good. I'm sure it will be a big upgrade from the B52 (you're the one that had the LG too right?).

Once I decided to go tube I haven't looked back. The B52 always got me a good tone as fair as gain, but these days I really like to build outward from a good clean tone with pedals and such. Plus there was really no need for lugging around a 100w half stack. Just became too much work to get to and from jams.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Yeah, I have a b52, although I have no idea what you mean by LG.
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Post by texasborn »

hey thats pretty cool! :tup:
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

i wanna try wanna those kerry king practice amps
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
~101 From Hell~
Cowboy From Hell

Post by ~101 From Hell~ »

gay_hayride wrote:i wanna try wanna those kerry king practice amps
:tdown:
R.I.P Dime 1966-2004

[quote="Gnarkiller"]this is fucking ridiculous. I just ran my fingers up my choad and found some furry little friends to pick out. going to go wash my hands. there is my two fucking cents[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

The bugera arrives tommorow! :aargh:
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Okay, time for the review.
Got it in yesterday, set it all up, despite the tubes taking a while to warm themselves up on the first try everthing went pretty well, the amp and cab are VERY solidly built.
Came with the footswitch which has a pretty long cable, bum shits designed it so only their footswitch will work with it.
The knobs are plastic, a lot of people complained about that, I dont know why, plastic turns just the same as metal.
Very nice looking amp overall.
The clean channel is well. Remarkably clean, there is practically no way to get any type of distortion out of it, it rang like a bell and was very clear and precise, with some very warm overtones to it.
The crunch channel is pretty nice, I scaled it back for an ac/dc type rock distortion, the XL boost really does boost the mids a lot, and the crunch was nice and tight, very punchy, very warm.
The lead channel is an outright monster, it is pretty much the crunch channel on steroids, the xl boost really helps this channel out, and the distortion is right up there with a rectifier in terms of just overall sound.
What I really like about this amp is that the EQ on all 3 channels is very active, instead of not really boosting or reducing too much, all 3 are very responsive to the slightest inscrease/decrease, made dialing in a good distortion very easy.
Only fault I see is there is no option to turn the reverb on/off via the footswitch, it does have an fx loop on the footswitch however.
Anyway, best 750.00 I ever spent on an amp. :tup:
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

you know what kind of speakers are in the cab? im not knocking it, but im skeptical of the price.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I dont know what brand, but I do know the cab is rated to 200w and has a mono/stereo switch in the back.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:you know what kind of speakers are in the cab? im not knocking it, but im skeptical of the price.
Shit, Avatar cabs have Eminence speakers but the cabs themselves are pretty damn inexpensive. AND built in the U.S. Win.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Pfl?yd wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:you know what kind of speakers are in the cab? im not knocking it, but im skeptical of the price.
Shit, Avatar cabs have Eminence speakers but the cabs themselves are pretty damn inexpensive. AND built in the U.S. Win.
avatars ive heard are nice but never got to play. i've been looking at vaders lately because of my metal projects (and the lifetime warranty), along with maybe getting a custom matamp 6x10. but then again carvin has always had a special place in my heart. don't you have an avatar or two floyd? if so did you get to try them out before buying?
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Acid Flashbakc wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
avatars ive heard are nice but never got to play. i've been looking at vaders lately because of my metal projects (and the lifetime warranty), along with maybe getting a custom matamp 6x10. but then again carvin has always had a special place in my heart. don't you have an avatar or two floyd? if so did you get to try them out before buying?
Yeah, I have two Avatar cabs. I didn't get to try them first because you'd only be able to try used ones if at all since they're sold factory-direct. But I got lots of recommendations on them and they've proved to live up to the hype. And they're super-light because of the neodynium speakers. Awesome.
Acid Flashbakc
I will fuck you up

Post by Acid Flashbakc »

Pfl?yd wrote:
Acid Flashbakc wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
Yeah, I have two Avatar cabs. I didn't get to try them first because you'd only be able to try used ones if at all since they're sold factory-direct. But I got lots of recommendations on them and they've proved to live up to the hype. And they're super-light because of the neodynium speakers. Awesome.
:tup: cool, i've never been able to buy something without giving it a go. I got lucky with my engl that I just happened to be going on tour to illinois where 1 of the 2 places that sell ENGL in the US are. I guess sooner or later i'll have to, though. what do you think of matamps?
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

I can tell you, even though Matamps are awesome, you would be better getting the cabinet from electricamp. That is what I did for my green 4x12 instead of have to worry about the cabinet shipping all the way from England but instead Washington.

http://www.electricamp.com
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
thornlord
Cowboy From Hell

Post by thornlord »

From what I've heard, the Bugera 6260 is great sounding head. Behringer tried to hit the ground running with an affordable tube head that lends itself to the 5150/Uberschall tone.

There have been LOTS of problems with output transformers, though. The OT's are not internally hardwired (there is some sort of 3 prong connector and the lead). Initially, these heads were blowing up all the time due to the shotty OT's, and the prong connection would make the tubes lose filament voltage. My buddy in Kansas is a Bugera dealer, and all but 2 of the 17 heads he sold blew up for the afforementioned reason(s).

I hear that they have "rectified" the problem. But just keep your eye on it, Jesse. If you start to smell tolex, shut that fucker down. Amps smoke and make a horrible mess when they go.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I read all those bad things too, the guy said that I got one of the "revised model" heads. Meaning no cheap plastic connector.
I must say, I am thinking of buying a second amp, this thing is really really nice.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

youre gonna buy 2 of the same amp?
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

AoD wrote:youre gonna buy 2 of the same amp?
Possibly, although I am looking at something else right now.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

damn, good tone for the price. :tup:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

JesseJames wrote:
Possibly.
why?
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

DBS wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
Possibly.
why?
Cause I like it.
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

Hunter/Killer wrote:I never heard of Bugera but holy shit does it look cool

I know some dude who is selling a Marshall 1960a cabinet for 200 bucks and i'm REALLY contemplating buying it.
4x12 w/ celestion green backs, the outside is a lil dinged up but thats fuck all.

I don't have a head to power it but i doubt i will see a deal like this again, i'll get a head probably this summer.
those cabinets SUCK! Marshall cabs are made from the most inexpensive particle board you could imagine.. if you want a good sound with Celestion speakers, go with the Crate cabs or the Mesa cabs.. even the Line 6 cabs with vintage 30s sound better.. Marshall cabs fucking suck.. even for $200 its a fucking rip off
Cynosure
Lynch Mob

Post by Cynosure »

Damn only 750? I'm going to check this puppy out when the paychecks start coming in.
heavymetalsoldier666 wrote: The only way my problems will be straightened out concerning you is if I have you machine gunned to death and your body dismembered and thrown in a hole and you are never heard from again.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

i have and use genz benz and mesa cabs, i would recomend them to anyone. only thing ive used as good or better IMO is vader but i dont know if the high price justifies it or not...
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

AoD wrote:i have and use genz benz and mesa cabs, i would recomend them to anyone. only thing ive used as good or better IMO is vader but i dont know if the high price justifies it or not...
Mesa Stilleto cabs with Vintage 30s? .. its amazing how even though a Marshall cab has the same speakers in, and it sounds so much worse.. cheap particle board construction. slap a Marshall logo on it and anyone who doesnt know any better will spend a ridiculous amount of money on it
BabyKiller
Sexual Rubik's Cube

Post by BabyKiller »

Brugera's probably just like most other Behringer products.. works great until it stops working!! :x
"The world I live in is one where I have five quarrels a day, each with someone who really takes me on over something; and if I can't get into an argument, I go looking for one, to make sure I trust my own arguments, to hone them."
False_Prophet
Far Beyond Driven

Post by False_Prophet »

BabyKiller wrote:Brugera's probably just like most other Behringer products.. works great until it stops working!! :x
thats an exact summary of the first bass head I gigged with
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

thats also a summery of everything else in the universe