:jawdrop:

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

JesseJames wrote:Awesome! Got the patent for it! :aargh:
how do you go about doing that. and how much did it cost
... You're killing me, Smalls.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Hunter/Killer wrote:
JesseJames wrote:Awesome! Got the patent for it! :aargh:
how do you go about doing that. and how much did it cost
I called the patent office. They sent me the paper work. I carefully filled it out with pictures and description to them, they send me the patent pending certificate about 4 months later. It cost me $110.00 for the provisional patent, this means I can use patent pending status while I market the guitar to different companies. Which I completely plan on doing. I want some $$$ for that design, and I think one of the big companies will jump all over it. Like Brandon said, why no one else thought of a leg rest for a v style guitar is beyond him, but I did it. :) :pimp:
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

I've seen leg rests on flying v's. It's an add on part, a colapsable (sp?) part on the bottom of the body.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

Hunter/Killer wrote:I've seen leg rests on flying v's. It's an add on part, a colapsable (sp?) part on the bottom of the body.
I've only seen rubber pads (my flying V has one) but I've yet to see one like JJ designed.
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Any you guys seen the top wood of the guitar used for the inlays as well? Or really any wood inlays like I have on mine? I never saw that on another guitar either.
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

JesseJames wrote:Any you guys seen the top wood of the guitar used for the inlays as well? Or really any wood inlays like I have on mine? I never saw that on another guitar either.
top of the wood?
Like the dot inlays that can only be seen looking down on the fretboard?
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

JesseJames wrote:Any you guys seen the top wood of the guitar used for the inlays as well? Or really any wood inlays like I have on mine? I never saw that on another guitar either.
holy shit, i didnt even notice that till you said it. thats fucking cool :shock: :tup:
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

Hunter/Killer wrote:
top of the wood?
Like the dot inlays that can only be seen looking down on the fretboard?
the wood of the guitar is the same as the inlays
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

won't it be very easy for other companies to slightly modify the guitar so they don't infringe on your patent and still have a 'leg rest'?
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

DBS wrote:won't it be very easy for other companies to slightly modify the guitar so they don't infringe on your patent and still have a 'leg rest'?
Since that is the main idea/design of the guitar, and since I now have the patent, slightly modifying the design to produce the same use falls under violating intellectual property I believe.
Now don't hold me to that.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

JesseJames wrote:
DBS wrote:won't it be very easy for other companies to slightly modify the guitar so they don't infringe on your patent and still have a 'leg rest'?
Since that is the main idea/design of the guitar, and since I now have the patent, slightly modifying the design to produce the same use falls under violating intellectual property I believe.
just seems like a lot of copycat guitars out there which slip through patent restrictions because of minor tweaks in design and whatnot. i hope it works out for you, because it's a good idea, but i wouldn't be surprised if people saw your idea and found a way around incorporating it into their guitar without having to pay you a penny.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:
If someone tries to use your design they have to make nine modifications to your idea before it can be considered an original idea.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

DBS wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
just seems like a lot of copycat guitars out there which slip through patent restrictions because of minor tweaks in design and whatnot. i hope it works out for you, because it's a good idea, but i wouldn't be surprised if people saw your idea and found a way around incorporating it into their guitar without having to pay you a penny.
The chinese can do it.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfl?yd wrote:
JesseJames wrote:
If someone tries to use your design they have to make nine modifications to your idea before it can be considered an original idea.
Thanks pfloyd! I was hoping you would come in here and educate me on this. I knew if someone knew something about this it was going to be you.
AoD
Mouth For War

Post by AoD »

that is nice as hell. greatjob!
Don't quote me boy, 'cause i ain't said shit.
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

Now that it's in (or should be, judging by your absence in here), how does it feel and sound?
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

It is honestly one of the best sounding guitars I have ever had. The neck feels great, but I like wide fat necks. And the action is perfect. It's really easy to play. And the weight balance on the cutaway for your leg is just right, it wants to lean forward instead of go back.
Wagner Vajagner
Hates Jews

Post by Wagner Vajagner »

JesseJames wrote:It is honestly one of the best sounding guitars I have ever had. The neck feels great, but I like wide fat necks. And the action is perfect. It's really easy to play. And the weight balance on the cutaway for your leg is just right, it wants to lean forward instead of go back.
:tup:
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate your family. I hate your ancestors. I hate the fact that you are alive.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

JesseJames wrote:but I like wide fat necks
Finally someone has the same preference as I do (only because on thinner faster necks I feel like I am going to break it off).
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

CFH Eternal wrote:
Finally someone has the same preference as I do (only because on thinner faster necks I feel like I am going to break it off).
I'm not a big guitar player, but one of my old guitarists had an Ibanez Sabre with the wizard neck, it was wicked thin, but he loved it.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

PABassPlayer wrote:
CFH Eternal wrote:
I'm not a big guitar player, but one of my old guitarists had an Ibanez Sabre with the wizard neck, it was wicked thin, but he loved it.
My jackson has a thin neck, it's okay, but I like being able to feel the entire neck in my hand. I do wish the neck was a little wider on this thing, but oh well.
gay_hayride
I will fuck you up

Post by gay_hayride »

i just want a guitar with an ebony fretboard.. with cunt inlays (or spread open legs) a mahogany body neck thru mahogany neck and one TONY IOMMI gold humbucker at the bridge. i dont like les pauls or anything gay like that..i like Vs n SGs s are the balls , i like the ibanez destroyer..and ESP sgs..damn im too high to type now the drugs just kicked in...yeah guitars rule im gettin a new one..wheres the best place online besides musicians gay lover?.....

Image :negro:
A MAN WHO FUCKS ANOTHER MAN, IS NOT A MAN AT ALL
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Re: :jawdrop:

Post by hektik »

at the time, i didnt know aod built this. insane
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

I know dude he is an amazing luthier! Thanks again Ernie!
Tyson wrote:How many votes did you ever get in the PBB awards for being the funniest poster?
texasborn
Stoned Crow

Re:

Post by texasborn »

Sky Black wrote:You should have spent the money on some lessons instead.

:lll:
EvilisthenewGood
I'm not your bro!

Post by EvilisthenewGood »

hektik wrote:at the time, i didnt know aod built this. insane
Wha??? I didn't know this either. Fucking, eh. Mad props :tup: :tup: :tup:
Talk to me on AIM -theworstpostrevr

Never trust a man who can spell a word only one way.

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

EvilisthenewGood wrote:
hektik wrote:at the time, i didnt know aod built this. insane
Wha??? I didn't know this either. Fucking, eh. Mad props :tup: :tup: :tup:
wtf! you two are kind of dumb or something.
Tyson
Divorced Faggot

Re:

Post by Tyson »

yes yes, we've all seen your wife
Woes me