Is it just me or mass-manufacturers (guitars and bass)

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Is it just me or mass-manufacturers (guitars and bass)

Post by CFH Eternal »

Just don't offer great options anymore or are making kind of stupid decisions with guitars/bass. For instance, adding active electronics to every guitar in the ESP line and phasing out passive electronics. Or adding all Sperzel tuners with a tonepros locking bridge? I guess what I am trying to say I find just crappier decisions made with guitars/basses and crappier build quality (especially Gibsons). I really would like to buy guitars from McNaught/Robin/Collings guitars but if you don't make a certain amount of money then forget about it.

I guess in till then it's checking the used guitar market (I have a hard time trusting ebay now).

The guitars I was talking about:

http://www.mcnaughtguitars.com/

http://www.robinguitars.com/

http://www.collingsguitars.com/
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

Manufacturing practices across ALL industries are doing this sort of streamlining. I'll tell you as someone who is a manager in a manufacturing environment that these kinds of measures are the result of statistical downsizing. Since the economy is crummy, the supply chain has to really streamline and that means less standing inventory on things that are "occasion use items". It's far more cost-effective to make sweeping changes in the process where different products can use the same fundamental parts and assembly techniques.

Once the economy picks back up, I'll bet you see the options of things broadening once again.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
slay
kingsly

Post by slay »

i dont think i have ever played an active pickup in my life :tdown:
CFH Eternal
Lynch Mob

Post by CFH Eternal »

Don't take away my soapbox Pfloyd :|
[quote="Cheyenne Fucking Buffet"]This one's called Enter Sandman, maybe you've heard of it."[/quote]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

CFH Eternal wrote:Don't take away my soapbox Pfloyd :|
I'm only here to educate.
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war