Post your pedalboard!

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post your pedalboard!

Post by Pfl?yd »

I think I'm done buying pedals for awhile. The Microsynth and the Q-Tron+ are greatly reducing how many pedals I have to cart around for most of my gigs, but I still have to mount some of the effects on a stand so I can manipulate by hand. I have a Tonebone effects loop switching system on the way, so it should at least reduce all the tap dancing.

I showed you mine, now you show me yours. :|):
Izzy: do you realize how broad "environmental science" is?
Izzy: it's like going to school for history
Izzy: well, more useful than that
Izzy: but an expert on the civil war won't know jackshit on uhh
Izzy: something that isnt the civil war
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Very nice Pfloyd! I wish I had a photo, half my pedals are in Saint Albans and I don't have a lead to upload cameraphone pictures of my new purchases! Text will have to do for now.

I now own a Korg multi fx, Boss tuner, Boss and Line 6 delays, Electroharmonix and Roberts phasers, a Danelectro tremolo pedal, modified TS9, a Big Muff, a DOD equaliser, a shitty noise gate, a Rocktron Hush and an EHX switchblade.

Once I start gigging again, I'll probably run:

Boss TU2 > Tubescreamer > EHX Small Stone > Rocktron Hush > Boss DD6 > Line6 Echo Park > EHX switch to normal/tremolo channels on my AC30.

I'll probably sell the chorus pedal and keep the Roberts digital phaser and Danelectro trem in reserve. I don't need the Korg now that I have a tuner, althouhg it is great of wierd sound effects. I'm going to sell my Dimebag guitar and buy a Moog delay.. I am fantasising about an all-analog effects setup by the time Efflux record new material :)
BassPhemy
Ms. Paltrow

Post by BassPhemy »

Bass > Cable > Amp
Uncle Touchy's Naked Puzzle Basement
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Never happened.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i got a line6 digital delay that rules.
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Gor-Gor
Tyrant-King

Post by Gor-Gor »

BassPhemy wrote:Guitar > Cable > Amp
[quote="IFryKids"]I bet you were drunk on maple syrup and powdered donuts, you sloppy piece of shit.[/quote]
[quote="DBS"]shut the fuck up you greasy disaster.[/quote]
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Re: Post your pedalboard!

Post by Mescalito »

Pfl?yd wrote:I think I'm done buying pedals for awhile. The Microsynth and the Q-Tron+ are greatly reducing how many pedals I have to cart around for most of my gigs, but I still have to mount some of the effects on a stand so I can manipulate by hand. I have a Tonebone effects loop switching system on the way, so it should at least reduce all the tap dancing.

No offense but I hate playing with bass players that use all that shit.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Mescalito wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:I think I'm done buying pedals for awhile. The Microsynth and the Q-Tron+ are greatly reducing how many pedals I have to cart around for most of my gigs, but I still have to mount some of the effects on a stand so I can manipulate by hand. I have a Tonebone effects loop switching system on the way, so it should at least reduce all the tap dancing.

no shit... they might as well play guitar... i dont want to hear all those mario sounds
[quote="STEVE COFFEY"] SYCROTES FACT #285: I like gettin' fucked[/quote]
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Mescalito wrote:

[img]PICTURE[/img]

no shit... they might as well play guitar... i dont want to hear all those mario sounds
Better pack it up Pfl?yd, Mescalito and Gnarkiller don't want to play with you.
[quote="Garlic"]I really do enhance meals.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]People have said I look like Stewart Stevenson on Beavis and Butthead[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

-Will- wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Mescalito wrote:

[img]PICTURE[/img]

It's even funnier that somehow guitar players think they have the market cornered on effects or something.

Then again, I forget this is a "metal" board sometimes. Unison riffs FTW!
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

Pfl?yd wrote:
-Will- wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Mescalito wrote:

[img]PICTURE[/img]

It's even funnier that somehow guitar players think they have the market cornered on effects or something.

ok who do you think you are? Billy Sheenan or that goomba from Tool or that stupid nigger who plays R&B jazzy harmonic shit? no. you are a guitarist's bitch. you might as well quit while your ahead because people won't even hear your bass on cd or live. work on looking cool cause that seems to be impossible for any bass player
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

STFU. PFloyd is God. :fu:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
-Will-
I will fuck you up

Post by -Will- »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
-Will- wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Mescalito wrote:

[img]PICTURE[/img]

ok who do you think you are? Billy Sheenan or that goomba from Tool or that stupid smurf who plays R&B jazzy harmonic shit? no. you are a guitarist's bitch. you might as well quit while your ahead because people won't even hear your bass on cd or live. work on looking cool cause that seems to be impossible for any bass player
I'm not going to waste my time rebuking this drivel. Yer a fucking moron, plain and simple.
[quote="Garlic"]I really do enhance meals.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]People have said I look like Stewart Stevenson on Beavis and Butthead[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHD4bcZWZdc
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Boss TU-2 Tuner > Boss PW10 V-Wah > Robert Keely Looper > MXR Smartgate Noise Gate > Boss GE-7 EQ > Boss DD-6 Digital Delay > Amps

Power by DC-9X Multiple Pedal Adapter. Planetwave cables all round.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

your pedal board looks like a stomp box monster threw up.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Image

Boss TU-2 Tuner > Boss PW10 V-Wah > Robert Keely Looper > MXR Smartgate Noise Gate > Boss GE-7 EQ > Boss DD-6 Digital Delay > Amps

That pedalboard looks grim.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Gnarkiller wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:
-Will- wrote:
Gnarkiller wrote:
Mescalito wrote:

[img]PICTURE[/img]

ok who do you think you are? Billy Sheenan or that goomba from Tool or that stupid smurf who plays R&B jazzy harmonic shit? no. you are a guitarist's bitch. you might as well quit while your ahead because people won't even hear your bass on cd or live. work on looking cool cause that seems to be impossible for any bass player
people like you make me not want to be in a band. Go listen to Atheist and Cynic and tell me the bassist the is guitarist's bitch, because you'll find it's the complete opposite.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Mescalito
Lynch Mob

Post by Mescalito »

It's just a personal preference for me that bass sounds like bass, not guitar. I just have a warm spot in my heart for the really mean, low, driving bass sound that someone like David Wm. Sims from the Jesus Lizard gets.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

Gnarkiller wrote:ok who do you think you are? Billy Sheenan or that goomba from Tool or that stupid smurf who plays R&B jazzy harmonic shit? no. you are a guitarist's bitch. you might as well quit while your ahead because people won't even hear your bass on cd or live. work on looking cool cause that seems to be impossible for any bass player
Haha, wow.
Goddamn, this is one wacky game show.
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

This isn't worth taking pics and shit, but I have a boss bass distortion, a boss compressor and a boss bass chorus. That pretty much gets me as "funky as I wanna be". I used to have a Line 6 bass pod pro rack mount....wayyyyy to much for live play, but I do use one in the studio.
I use the compressor the most, it is a Keely hot rodded with "true bypass", it really enhances mid tones when needed.

As far as "too many" bass effects, to each there own, I don't like to color what I consider a great bass tone with stomp pedals....but that's me.
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Hero-Of-The-Day
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Hero-Of-The-Day »

fuck pedals just plug right into your amp and shread
UNGODLIKE
Lynch Mob

Post by UNGODLIKE »

Hero-Of-The-Day wrote:fuck pedals just plug right into your amp and shread
learn how to listen metallica and spell the word "shred" correctly before offering any oppinion.
satan sux my dick
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

I only use a compressor to sharpen my tone since I play a lot of technical death metal, so I like each note to be distinguished and not mud together.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

hektik wrote:I only use a compressor to sharpen my tone since I play a lot of technical death metal, so I like each note to be distinguished and not mud together.
Well, you're familiar with what I do. A straight-ahead bass tone doesn't fit all that often!

P.S. I love a lot of straight-ahead bass tones (like in the Jesus Lizard) it just doesn't always work for my applications.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

weonlywonfiveone wrote:Planetwave cables all round.
:tup: :tup:
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
ssh
Get Fat

Post by ssh »

i don't like pedals
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

UNGODLIKE wrote:
Hero-Of-The-Day wrote:fuck pedals just plug right into your amp and shread
learn how to listen metallica and spell the word "shred" correctly before offering any oppinion.
dude... :lol:
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
JesseJames
Natural Born Badass

Post by JesseJames »

Pfloyd, those ibanez soundtank and DOD stomps were horrible pedals.
The rest of your shit looks choice though.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Pfl?yd wrote:
hektik wrote:I only use a compressor to sharpen my tone since I play a lot of technical death metal, so I like each note to be distinguished and not mud together.
Well, you're familiar with what I do. A straight-ahead bass tone doesn't fit all that often!

P.S. I love a lot of straight-ahead bass tones (like in the Jesus Lizard) it just doesn't always work for my applications.
eh you could make it work but experimentation is what music is all about :tup:
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

Pfl?yd wrote:
weonlywonfiveone wrote:Image

That pedalboard looks grim.
Yeh it does need a tidy up.... it really fucking does haha.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

UNGODLIKE wrote:learn how to listen metallica and spell the word "shred" correctly before offering any oppinion.
learn how to use grammar and how to spell the word opinion before offering yours.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

JesseJames wrote:Pfloyd, those ibanez soundtank and DOD stomps were horrible pedals.
The rest of your shit looks choice though.
I've had those pedals forever. I'm surprised I haven't demolished the Soundtank yet. The DOD pedals still sound good and operate well. I dragged them out so I could use the GT-6B for other things (and the overdrive on it is pretty crummy, in my opinion) though I'm thinking about nixing it altogether and getting a nicer chorus pedal and maybe a Creampie for overdrive tones.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

floyd, how do you actually use all of those pedals in a live environment? pedals have always seemed like an unnecessary accessory for me and i don't have the patience to play around with one to get a desired sound. having said that i only play metal and rock cover tunes live so that explains something. i'm still interested how you manage it, though.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Gnarkiller
Trendkiller

Post by Gnarkiller »

DBS wrote:
UNGODLIKE wrote:learn how to listen metallica and spell the word "shred" correctly before offering any oppinion.
learn how to use grammar and how to spell the word opinion before offering yours.
Dude... You didn't even capitalize learn. Practice what you preach E Police. HOW COULD YOU
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

hektik wrote:
Pfl?yd wrote:

eh you could make it work but experimentation is what music is all about :tup:
Yeah, but my "frog vomit" tone gets all the panties wet.
MÖTLEYCRÜE666
Cowboy From Hell

Post by MÖTLEYCRÃœE666 »

Maelstrom
Bukkake Master

Post by Maelstrom »

Gnarkiller wrote:no shit... they might as well play guitar... i dont want to hear all those mario sounds
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ch8CYgH-tQ
Kevin James derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpee derp. Until one day aderp aderp aderp. Derp de derp, ta teetley tum. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Kevin James is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.
Pfl?yd
Red Baron

Post by Pfl?yd »

DBS wrote:floyd, how do you actually use all of those pedals in a live environment? pedals have always seemed like an unnecessary accessory for me and i don't have the patience to play around with one to get a desired sound. having said that i only play metal and rock cover tunes live so that explains something. i'm still interested how you manage it, though.
I use external switching with the effects loop. Even then, there's a little dancing involved. I compose most of my music (including the bass parts) in MIDI and then I have to go back later and figure out how to replicate the bass sounds. I'm anal about that kind of thing. A lot of quirky sounds really make or break different songs so I really pull mt hair out (in a good way) to apply it to a stringed instrument. And trust me, my guitarists have a fun time trying to do the same.

I'm still waiting on my dual effects-switching unit. It has two separate loop paths with true bypass. In that fashion all I'll have as a constant signal to the amp is the Bass EQ. The Microsynth and the Q-Tron+ will be mounted on a stand since those two pedals require the most between-song tweaking (and for sweeping the filter n the Microsynth on one song I play where I'm pedaling an open A and sweeping the filter sliders with my left hand). The other pedals will be ran through the other loop so I can switch the pedals individually before the song starts and I only have to hit one button to kick them all on and off.

I just bought a BBE Sonic Maximizer DI to put at the end of the chain just before the amp as I'm a bit tired of some of the house DI's I sometimes encounter. That way all my levels going to the front-of-house will be consistent. The biggest complaint is that all that shit spikes certain cheap DIs. I'll know how to set everything up and all the soundman will only have to plug the XLR to the board in the back and adjust the trim level.