Thinking about my new gear...

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
The_Rotationist
Creampuff

Thinking about my new gear...

Post by The_Rotationist »

or the possibility of new gear anyways...
So for Geetor, I'm trying to round up the money for an RR Jackson. Which one though I don't know. RR1 is bleedin' expensive but that is the original American version, the one Randy personally designed (in a way!) RR3 is the cheapest around and has good reviews but does not have the Ivory with Black Pinstripes design I'm desperate for and has not got a Floyd Rose, and the RR5 has the Ivory... with a Floyd Rose but is still very expensive...
Now to Amps, I'm considering either a Randall RM100M or a VOX AD50VT (both modelling amps, see what I did there!)
Opinions?
Regards,
~T.R. Messiah~
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

RR3 has a Floyd. The RR5 doesn't. Anyways, look for an early '90s Japanese Pro series RR on ebay. They look, sound, play, etc just like an American made RR1 except without the price tag. Or, email Ishibashi about getting a "Jackson Star" RR-1100J...
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
The_Rotationist
Creampuff

Post by The_Rotationist »

Sheldon wrote:RR3 has a Floyd. The RR5 doesn't. Anyways, look for an early '90s Japanese Pro series RR on ebay. They look, sound, play, etc just like an American made RR1 except without the price tag. Or, email Ishibashi about getting a "Jackson Star" RR-1100J...
What should I type in on eBay? Nothing seems to come up when I type in something.
Regards,
~T.R. Messiah~
Panterian420
Creampuff

Post by Panterian420 »

I'd be a little wary of the RR3, or at least play one first. Low-end Jacksons aren't that hot. I'm in the market for an RR myself and will be saving my pennies for an RR1 or 5.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

Sheldon wrote:RR3 has a Floyd. The RR5 doesn't. Anyways, look for an early '90s Japanese Pro series RR on ebay. They look, sound, play, etc just like an American made RR1 except without the price tag. Or, email Ishibashi about getting a "Jackson Star" RR-1100J...
:shock: :|): :tup:
Balls On Parade
Stormy Thrust Gun

Post by Balls On Parade »

whoa, a factory RR with 24 frets??????? sign me up!!!!!!! (just gimme a reverse headstock!)
policeman: are you alright?
Rainbow Randolph: I'm a little fucked up in general, so it's kind of hard to gauge!
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

Panterian420 wrote:I'd be a little wary of the RR3, or at least play one first. Low-end Jacksons aren't that hot. I'm in the market for an RR myself and will be saving my pennies for an RR1 or 5.
The RR3 is a sweet axe. I've played many and they've always been flawless. The only thing that was wrong with 'em was due to the store that's carrying them and it was just the way they had them set up and the string gauge they had put on them.
You're right about the low-end Jacksons not being hot...the JS series is hit and miss with quality and such but the Pro series (RR3/5) are perfectly great axes.
[i]If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit![/i]

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Sheldon
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Sheldon »

Balls On Parade wrote:whoa, a factory RR with 24 frets??????? sign me up!!!!!!! (just gimme a reverse headstock!)
The thing with Jackson Stars is you can order them customized without paying custom shop prices...to a point though. I'm positive a reverse headstock wouldn't be much of an upcharge, but a different body wood would be.

Jackson/Charvel Whore
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

what about an ebony or maple fretboard?