Guitar Mod Suggestions

The place to talk about instruments, tab, the bands gear and anything else musically related.
Drunken Bassist
Cowboy From Hell

Guitar Mod Suggestions

Post by Drunken Bassist »

Alright, here's the deal.

Recently, I aqquired a Kramer Focus 6000, set up with a stock S-H-H pickup configuration as well as a licenced Floyd Rose. Now, I'm already gonna get rid of the Rose and throw in an Original, but pickups...I've got no clue whatsoever. I'm looking for a good grinding tone for rhythm playing, and something hot as hell for lead. I'd prefer passive pups, as I'm not able to shell out the bucks for EMG's or the like at the moment.

Also, I'm in need of suggestions for finishing. The original finish is horribly chipped, so much so that you can see exposed wood in various places. Any idea's or suggestions for new finishes or what not?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
<Insert witty comment here>
spazcore
Trendkiller

Post by spazcore »

I know the dimebucker has a lot of treble if you want a grinding tone
[quote="BassPhemy"]You look old. If we were to hang out it would look like a slow kid and his white trash dad going to the lake.[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

spazcore wrote:I know the dimebucker has a lot of treble if you want a shitty tone
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

aeon wrote:
spazcore wrote:I know the dimebucker has a lot of treble if you want a shitty tone
:lol:

install a killswitch but have someone do it unless you want a massive hole in your guitar
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I've got a Dimebucker in my Washburn and it kicks ass. Although, most of my tone comes from my setup and amp.