Officer Niggemeyer talks about Alrosa shootings

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Officer Niggemeyer talks about Alrosa shootings

Post by BLAK2TH »

Officer Who Took Out DIMEBAG's Killer Talks About Deadly Nightclub Shootings - May 10, 2005

Ohio's NBC 4 is reporting that a Columbus police officer talked publicly for the first time about a deadly shooting at an Ohio nightclub which claimed the lives of five people, including PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.

Officer James Niggemeyer was the first officer to arrive at the Alrosa Villa nightclub in December after a gunman killed four people and took another hostage at a DAMAGEPLAN concert.

With no backup, Niggemeyer did what he felt was necessary to save lives. He fired one shot and killed Nathan Gale, who was on stage and still had the hostage locked in his arms.

"You just hope you never are involved in something like this," Niggemeyer said of the incident.

Killed in the shooting were: Abbott, 38; Nathan Bray, 23, of Grove City; Erin Halk, 29, of Columbus; Jeff Thompson, 40, of Texas; and Gale, 25.

Niggemeyer said he didn't know much about what was going on when he entered the nightclub.

"We just knew what we were being told on the radio," he said. "You always hope you can get there quicker, save more lives."

Many praised Niggemeyer for his actions. While the nightclub has reopened after renovations and bands once again take the stage, the officer said a day doesn't go when he doesn't think of that deadly December night.

"I remember the names of all five of the victims that night," Niggemeyer said. "I remember the date. I remember everything really well, and I'm sure I'll never forget it."

Niggemeyer said he has received e-mails from around the world since the incident.

"A lot of the e-mails were saying, you know, they were heavy metal rockers, and they never got along with police in the past," Niggemeyer said. "And this really changed their view on how police are now where they live and how they treat police now. And I think that's great."

When asked if he would do it again, he said, "Absolutely, if I had to."

Niggemeyer is one of eight finalists for a bravery award provided by "America's Most Wanted". They were chosen from thousands of nominations from across the nation.

People can vote to determine the winner on the "America's Most Wanted" web site.

The winner will be announced May 28.

"Nobody wants to really glorify what we have to do, but it's nice that somebody recognizes positive aspects of law enforcement and firefighting," Niggemeyer said.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Here is the link to vote for the Police officer who shot Nathan Gale

http://www.amw.com/allstar/nominate.cfm?allstar=230
Get killed.
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

Takes alot of balls to do what he did. That asshole wouldn't have stopped
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

good thread, this man gets my vote.
myownself
Creampuff

Post by myownself »

still would have been nice to have that fucker alive!
i would have done what ever it took to go to prison with gale!
fuck i still hate this shit......miss ya dime and wish this never happened.
WWW.NUFFSAIDHC.COM

nuffsaid!!!
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

This guy is cool and he has a cool surname.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

He has my vote also x10
Last edited by Lizzy on Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

:tup: I have so much respect for the man,im going to vote for him in a minute.If any one of you want to be a cunt and vote otherwise,you can choke on my cock.
ssh
Get Fat

Post by ssh »

he was just doing his job. he's not a hero.
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

ssh wrote:he was just doing his job. he's not a hero.
Finally, someone with a brain.
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

upyours wrote:He has my vote also
hey everyone! we're all gonna get laid!
MILLERSGIRL
n0ob

Post by MILLERSGIRL »

aeon wrote:
A heroic job.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Did it ever get confirmed that the hostage Gale had before he got killed was Vinnie or was that just a rumour??
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

Lager wrote:Did it ever get confirmed that the hostage Gale had before he got killed was Vinnie or was that just a rumour??
just a rumor, i think he had the Kat hostage
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

BLAK2TH wrote:
Lager wrote:Did it ever get confirmed that the hostage Gale had before he got killed was Vinnie or was that just a rumour??
just a rumor, i think he had the Kat hostage
:no:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

this is new, doesnt say who the hostage is, but according to most the shit i read a while back, The Kat was the hostage:

Police Officer, Dispatcher Discuss Alrosa Villa Shootings - June 6, 2005

NBC 4 has issued the following report:

The Columbus police officer who ended a nightclub shooting rampage with one shot and the radio dispatcher who guided officers to the scene discussed the incident Monday with NBC 4.

A homemade video of the shooting was released Friday. The camera was positioned at the back right portion of the stage looking into the audience as Nathan Gale began shooting during the DAMAGEPLAN concert at Alrosa Villa on Dec. 8, 2004, NBC 4's Teresa Garcia reported.

When 911 calls came in to police, dispatcher Lisa Lee stayed calm through harrowing events.

"This is probably the worst situation dispatching I've ever been in," Lee said.

Lee, who was handling the radio channel for about 30 minutes, guided officers to the scene.

"Cars responding to the 43, your suspect is going to be a male white," Lee could be heard on audiotapes from the December shootings.

A camera the band had set up captured most of the five-minute shooting rampage. Gale shot and killed four people and injured three others before Columbus police Officer James Niggemeyer entered the building and killed him with one shotgun blast to the head.

Lee said she knew Niggemeyer entered the back of the nightclub alone. Hearing the words, "shots fired," she knew there could be danger.

"I went ahead and ordered an officer down in trouble call on him, because I wasn't sure if he meant they were firing shots at him," Lee said.

Niggemeyer said a group of people met him at the back of the building when he entered.

"They were yelling, 'Come back here because this is the stage where he's at. Come back here!' " Niggemeyer said.

Sure enough, it was in a rear corner of the stage where Niggemeyer was able to get one clean shot at Gale, Garcia reported.

"I could see he was holding a hostage around the neck and still had a gun, so I knew that I didn't want that hostage to be killed," Niggemeyer said.

"When he put the gun to the hostage's head, it became a now-or-never scenario," Niggemeyer said. "Do I let him shoot the hostage in front of everybody? Or do I take what I feel is the best shot to try to keep the hostage from being killed? ... It worked out for the best."

Niggemeyer said that while he was the first and only officer to enter the back of the club, he didn't act alone.

"That's where I have to thank all the other officers that came in the front, because I'm pretty sure that they kept his attention and allowed me to get as close as I did," he said. "And if it wasn't for those officers coming in the front, I don't know if he would've ever picked me off or not."

Niggemeyer said his mission was to save lives. He later found out that Gale had dozens of more rounds of ammunition.

"If I had to do it again, I had to do it," Niggemeyer said. "I took an oath to protect the public."
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

bowtie wrote:YOU KNOW I DONT KNOW ANY THING THATS COME GOOD OUT OF OHIO.
stfu :zzz:
crveni
Creampuff

Post by crveni »

I have just had a little look at their faces and i have only 1 thing to say!

A.C.A.B - All Cops Are Bastards!!

I hate coppers i ain't giving em my vote!
DEATH TO AMERICA!!! IT SUX !
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

crveni wrote:I have just had a little look at their faces and i have only 1 thing to say!

dumb
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

crveni wrote:I have just had a little look at their faces and i have only 1 thing to say!

i dont want to dignify this with a response. but you are a dumb fucking prick.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

fuckin moron
Get killed.
goshua
arfweazelx3!!!

Post by goshua »

aeon wrote:
Edna Bodine wrote:The Mayor Rubbing His Penis on Cars in the Mall Parking Lot
Bukkake Tsunami wrote:Happy Birthday let's slam clams you fucking hunk.
Eibon
Umeå Hardcore

Post by Eibon »

If he was a real hero he would have dropkicked Gale and had him taken to court, so that he could be buttfucked all life in prison by tr00 Pantera people
som en grop fylld av blinda hundar som äter sin egen avföring. en avgrund där stanken är så tät att man inte kan andas.
S
Interloper

Post by S »

goshua wrote:
aeon wrote:
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

this man just resonates the reasons that i chose to go into law enforcement :tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

S wrote:
goshua wrote:
aeon wrote:
Yeah but to go alone when there are shootings going on putting his own life at risk for others i would class him as a hero, as firemen would be for saving lives also.

Some people just over look it because he was near Dime, but if it happend anywhere else he will still be classed as a hero in peoples eyes.

At the end of the day people who risk lives for others are heroes.
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

bowtie wrote:AMEN BROTHER.

niggermeyer is cool, and you are GAY
rObsessed!
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Brandon wrote:
bowtie wrote:AMEN BROTHER.

niggermeyer is cool, and you are GAY
:lol: