I shed tears when I found out the news...

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
MetalIsCartoons
Mouth For War

I shed tears when I found out the news...

Post by MetalIsCartoons »

Am I the only one?
Edited for clarity.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Re: I shed tears when I found out the news...

Post by Jebodiah »

One Man Ghetto
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

It's not like I went fishing with the guy.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

I had just bought gas and got back in my truck when I heard it on the radio. This prick owner of the company I worked at was making light of it when he got in. The IT guy wasn't happy about his comments.
Suns out, guns out!
tomEtom
No class Scumbag

Post by tomEtom »

The morning of Dec. 8th was my last day of "rock music in history." and we had to do a report on one of our favorite bands... I did Pantera. Woke up the next day to my friend saying "Yo, that dude you liked "Dimebag Dallas" was killed last night, put on CNN." It was weird to see Pantera related stuff on CNN.
Bazinga!
Hailblaze
Welfare Abuser

Post by Hailblaze »

It was all a joke to me. I found out at work, dismissed it as tom foolery, but then all the texts started pouring in. Turned into a shitty day.
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

It made me very upset to the point where I carved Dimebag on my ankle.
One Man Ghetto
AcidBong
Creampuff

Post by AcidBong »

My first post...

Was comin home from work, Dec 9 2004. My local rock station played some Damageplan. I turned it up full. After the song, the DJ wanted to say a few words about Dime's death.... I almost wrecked the car. Got home to look it up and tell my wife the sad news. Bad day.

I've been a Dime fan ever since I was 12 and heard that guitar sound. I'm lucky to have seen a Pantera concert and recieve a pick from Dime. I still listen to Pantera every day.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

;_;
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Lite
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Lite »

I was at queens college, spanish class, i was an adult student, my daughter was in kindergarten at the time. someone ran into the class proclaiming Dimebag had been shot and killed, we thought he was nuts. we remained in class and when we emerged from the classroom, people were just walking around in circles, on cell phones, we were still not aware of what happened until i asked someone. i started to walk home, i didnt know what was going to happen next, but it was a relatively warm day, and as i was walking a bus came by. i got on the bus to go home, and you could hear a pin drop, dead silence. when i got to my stop, i went to my mothers house, my husband had the same idea, he told me that our daughter’s school was in lock down, so i went up to my mothers house, she had the tv on, we watched and waited, for some reason, she had the vcr on and taped the entire day. sometimes i remember what i saw but cant believe it actually happened. the stench of death permiated over my building for weeks, it was surreal and i will never forget this day as long as i live. this day should be made an official national day of rememberence, a day off for all americans to reflect on those who lost their lives playing metal at bars. this is my memory of this day.
It only hurts when I laugh
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

RIP Dime

One Man Ghetto
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

Is that another 4chan copy/pasta, Ty?

Bah, fine. I was in [insert internet ego-inflating middle eastern country] at the time. I was walking through a common area and passed by some dude playing music with the unmistakeable sound of Dimebag's licks coupled with Vinnies drums, only some fucking monotone muppet singing over them. Confused, I asked the stupid question "Is that new Pantera? What the fuck is going on with that?" He told me about Damage plan, the first I'd heard of the band. From there it was heart = broken because I knew Pantera was officially done. I didn't know very much about the shit between Phil and the brothers, only that they were at eachother's throats. And my impression of the brothers that they wouldn't leave Pantera flapping for some side project, unlike Phil's egotistical ass who was already balls deep in that super joint ritual mess.

So a few weeks later this guy is bawling. We'd had a chance to get to know eachother a little bit and in that time he showed me quite a bit of pics of him and the brothers. One pic even showed him giving that black cut-off, sleeveless button up with the "Damage Plan" name tape to Vinnie. Now, I didn't know then and still don't know if this guy really knew the brothers as friends or if he was some over-bearing fan who jumped at every chance he could for a photo op, but he was fucking wrecked over the news of Dime being shot. Information was limited, phones and internet were available but they had to be shared, so it took a few days or weeks to figure out what the fuck happened.

Yeah, I was pissed and bothered by it, but like I said before we weren't fishing buddies so I wasn't in tears. But it destroyed everything I remembered from my late childhood pretty good. I don't know how it is in other countries but in America our kids and teens generally base their lives around music. So every memory of a lot of events in my teens - hanging out, fucking around, getting into trouble, first smoke, first drink - revolved around Pantera in some way and was shit on by Dime's death and the definitive end of Pantera.

From there I eagerly awaited Zakk Wylde to put out a video for "In this River" so I could consume mass quantities of liquor and have a reason to flush out my tear ducts.
I like big black men.

Last edited by aggressor_27 on Tue Jun 6, 1944 6:30 am, edited 101 times in total.
Psycho Gangster
Lynch Mob

Post by Psycho Gangster »

I got really drunk and listened to three or four Pantera albums that night. I'll admit I got a little choked up during the end of Floods. :(
Give me a reason, 'cause I got nothing to gain/so what am I doing now?
Feeling complacent, I cannot be contained/I'm so lost and lonely now
Jebodiah
Bullfrog

Post by Jebodiah »

I cry my eyes out when listening to Suicide Note pt. 2 :(
One Man Ghetto
Psycho Gangster
Lynch Mob

Post by Psycho Gangster »

I like to slit my wrists to pt. 1.
Give me a reason, 'cause I got nothing to gain/so what am I doing now?
Feeling complacent, I cannot be contained/I'm so lost and lonely now
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

I shoot myself in the head every time I listen to Floods.
I like big black men.

Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

i had heard Pantera but never really got into them at the point of his death. I was only like 15 or so when he died and was mostly into Metallica or whatever at that point in time. but his death prompted me to actually go out and buy their greatest hits album which got me hooked, and so that winter i listened to them non stop and became a huge fan after his death :tup:

all you faggots had to feel the pain of it but not me :fu:
e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

:lol:
If you're reading this, you're stupid
aggressor_27
Lynch Mob

Post by aggressor_27 »

I in this rivered myself to sleep that night.
I like big black men.

White Boy
Lynch Mob

Post by White Boy »

Jebodiah wrote:RIP Dime

:lll:
JEW wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Dimebag-Darrell/172364059446349?ref=hl
Sexual Thunder
Lynch Mob

Post by Sexual Thunder »

aggressor_27 wrote:It's not like I went fishing with the guy.
In this river or that river?
[quote="Mad Muir"]Turkey is awesome with the right kind of gravy, fags.[/quote]