THE TRUE METAL GOD

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
Kill It
Creampuff

THE TRUE METAL GOD

Post by Kill It »

We Can All Honestly say Dime is still at the top. Theres a million stories we all have. I want to hear about it. Post em.

My First Pantera show I was 14, 101 Proof Tour with Anthrax and Coal Chamber. I never witnessed anything like a Pantera show, a whole mosh pit would freeze, peoples jaws would just drop, stand and be in awe watching dime solo. then it'd kick back and the mosh would start again. 4 years later, I had seen Them 7 times, had a Pantera t shirt available for every day of the week. Ill never forget those times.
Live Undead Shitty Upheavel, of the Truely Shy Remarked

DIME LIVES
slaughtered
Creampuff

man....

Post by slaughtered »

i never got to see them. treasure those memories for life
Fuck the world, for all its worth...every inch of planet earth.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Re: man....

Post by Edna Bodine »

slaughtered wrote:treasure those memories for life
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

I was lucky enough to have seen the only two shows they played in Ireland in 1992 and 1993, they are still to this day the most amazing live performance I have ever seen, and ever will see :tup:

Standing up at the front, right in front of Dime, every time he looked at me, I just knew he was loving every second of what he was doing and he appreciated everyone who was there. Last time I saw em was almost 5 years ago in London, it was obvious things weren't going right...but fuck it, I saw them in their prime
undertaker
Creampuff

Post by undertaker »

I got to see them a couple of times. The greatest shows ever. I saw them once and there were fans throwing shirts on fire from the upper balcony. It was freakin crazy. Even though they took everyones lighters at the door they found some way to do it. I ran into Vinney a couple of times at bars and at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas hangin out with some of the Dallas Stars. Man, it sux that there will never be Pantera again. I just hold onto the memories and the music. I still have Vulgar Display of Power in my cd player in my truck. Pantera will always be in my blood and I will always be a fan.
Mike-Dedlock
Creampuff

Post by Mike-Dedlock »

My 1st concert was Pantera/Whit Zombie in 96.They started the show off
exactally like the starting of the Pantera 3 Home Video.The snake curtain
in front of the stage,The spotlights were spinning pentagrams and weed
leafs.The ending of Suicide note 1 was playing for about 2 minutes and
then it hit.The curtain dropped and they busted out what I considered the
best PanterA set ever.I was hooked ever since.Other highlights we're
"Becoming","Domination",and Fucking Hostile.Say no more. :skull:
FOREVER STRONGER THAN ALL...
in loving memory of Dimebag Darrell
Sexual Thunder
Lynch Mob

Post by Sexual Thunder »

My first time I saw Pantera was at the Sydney Opera House in Australia. It was Aerosmith headling with Queensryche and "Power Metal" Pantera in late '89. My first concert ever. If I ever get Alzheimer's, that's one of the last memories that will go.
[quote="Mad Muir"]Turkey is awesome with the right kind of gravy, fags.[/quote]
staples_wbrc
Creampuff

dimebag R.I.P

Post by staples_wbrc »

what the fuck is this world coming to
im in a band called when blood runs cold. pantera are fuckin amazin and influence us so much
puppyone
Creampuff

Re: THE TRUE METAL GOD

Post by puppyone »

hi alll
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

i saw damage plan, so atleast i've seen dime. would've loved to have seen Pantera though :(
Doomsbrewser
Creampuff

Post by Doomsbrewser »

i never got to meet them either, every time i had a chance, something happened preventing me from seeing them, but, however, i did see phil last year at ozzfest, but still never got to meet dime, who meant a bit more to me. Well, for all of you who did get to meet Dime, im proud for ya.
skidsister
Creampuff

Post by skidsister »

I saw Pantera 3 times. First time was with White Zombie and Deftones opened. Second was with Anthrax and I got Dime's pick. Third was Slayer and Morbid Angel. I went to the show by myself because all my friends had sold out to the new crap music. So glad I didn't stay home because I had no one to go with. I got in shit with my old man but it was worth it. How many chicks do you know that would go see a show like that by themselves? I would have been so pissed if I'd missed it now that Dime's gone.
"You can't be something you're not. Be yourself by yourself stay away from me."
Severed Shadow
Creampuff

Post by Severed Shadow »

I wouldn't call him "The Metal God," but then again, I haven't seen Pantera. He was definitely up there, but there are other great guitarists in this world.

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
\v/
[b]Rest In Peace, Darrell "Dimebag" Abbot.[/b]
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

That's fucking awesome. I really do envy you. I never saw Pantera and wish I had the chance to :tup:
Kris Sabian
I will fuck you up

Re: THE TRUE METAL GOD

Post by Kris Sabian »

puppyone wrote:hi alll
Hi

I wish I would of seen Pantera at Ozzfest 2000
[url]http://www.miltontwins.com/32472211/tour.html[/url]
[url]http://www.resistance.com/ethniccleansing/catalog.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.resist.com/racistgames/index.htm[/url]
AlphaOmegaCFH
Mouth For War

Post by AlphaOmegaCFH »

I saw the last show on there last tour, it was my first concert.
Those Who Trumpet Their Sufferings are Usually the Ones Most Deserving Of Agony -Dave Brockie

[quote="Isis"]hahahahaha I thought you were gonna say it's not big enough to fill up your monstrous snatch. heh sorry, my bad.[/quote]
long4theblur
King

Post by long4theblur »

I never got to see Pantera, but I went to a Damageplan show soley to see Vinnie and Dime. Dime had a little 5 minute speech that still stays with me to this day, and would've regardless, him dead or alive. I'd never felt such genuine love from an artist to his fans before like that. Seeing him rip out A New Level and Walk ruled too :tup:
BREATH HOLD!

"And if I leave you, let me leave you entirely un-enthralled. That way, if you remember me years later, it's for good cause and not something completely forced. When I walk that door, I pray for a collective yawn."
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

Pantera 1997 - 2000 - 2000 :aargh:
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

slaughtered wrote:i never got to see them. treasure those memories for life
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Lager wrote:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
DemonSlayer
Creampuff

Post by DemonSlayer »

:beer:
R.I.P Dimebag \m/

I am Lucifer reincarnated :jesus:
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

Never saw Pantera. I only started listening to them about three years ago. Saw damageplan in Donington last year and anybody who went will tell you that when they played Walk, it was the best patrt of the whole festival. The crowd swelled and 40,000 people were in the fucking pit. Most amazing experience of my life and im proud to say i got to see Dime live.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Cody LaFrance
Creampuff

Holly shit

Post by Cody LaFrance »

I saw pantera once in vancouvetr, British Columbia, it was the best show a person could see. aside from the fact this dude and his women were shooting fucking heroin beside me. :negro:
Pantera420
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Pantera420 »

Individual Thought Patterns
Jusuveis
Creampuff

Dimes

Post by Jusuveis »

I saw pantera a few times. I must say that they put on one hell of a show every time. They were all phenomenal musicians. Dimes was such an inspiring guitar player--the type of guy I wish I had known. To Dimes...Thank you.
This is my signature.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

i luckily enough got to see them on Ozzfest 2000, i was probaly 14 at the time but that doesnt change that i still saw them. i can barely remember the set list though it was an awesome show
hickasshick
Creampuff

Post by hickasshick »

Severed Shadow wrote:I wouldn't call him "The Metal God," but then again, I haven't seen Pantera. He was definitely up there, but there are other great guitarists in this world.

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
Ummmm dont tell me your gonna go off on how much better Randy Rhodes was. Dimebag reinvented heavy metal and made that 80's hair band shit go bye bye. Almost all the good bands today Lamb of God, Machinehead, and Korn. idolize Dimebag. I hate people that say there were better guitarist than Dimebag. Just like I heard some fag say that Kirk Hammett can't play worth shit either. Hammett was taught by Joe Satriani for christs sake how could he not be good. Anyway true talent not only comes from playing well but with the ability to write and create music. So unless you can play the same shit better or equal to Dimebag I suggest you keep your death degrigation to yourself and save this forum for people who really loved the shit Dimebag played. So :fu:
"I've go something to say. I killed your baby today. It doesn't matter much to me as long as its dead."
Panterica
Creampuff

Post by Panterica »

much love and respect, dimebag i will never forget you :)
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

hickasshick wrote:
Severed Shadow wrote:I wouldn't call him "The Metal God," but then again, I haven't seen Pantera. He was definitely up there, but there are other great guitarists in this world.

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
Ummmm dont tell me your gonna go off on how much better Randy Rhodes was. Dimebag reinvented heavy metal and made that 80's hair band shit go bye bye. Almost all the good bands today Lamb of God, Machinehead, and Korn. idolize Dimebag. I hate people that say there were better guitarist than Dimebag. Just like I heard some fag say that Kirk Hammett can't play worth shit either. Hammett was taught by Joe Satriani for christs sake how could he not be good. Anyway true talent not only comes from playing well but with the ability to write and create music. So unless you can play the same shit better or equal to Dimebag I suggest you keep your death degrigation to yourself and save this forum for people who really loved the shit Dimebag played. So :fu:
Don't spread your stupidity, you dumb braud.
killer
Creampuff

Post by killer »

Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
Don't stick your nose in where it's not needed and yes i had a right to then
[quote="Bren"]Tyson posted his vagina :tup:[/quote]
[quote="Tyson"]I am a lady :lol: :aargh:[/quote]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
You're being so mean to me :(
p0rt
I will fuck you up

Post by p0rt »

she aint been laid in yrs, cos shes shit in bed, and shes turning down a nose
aeon wrote:
upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;
msn gurlies use irc and you can cry all nite and forever, ya squares
[url=http://forum.irgoslak.org/]izzy`s wet dream[/url]
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

never had the chance to see Pantera, and I was going to go to the final DamagePlan show. wish I would have went :(
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

p0rt wrote:she aint been laid in yrs, cos shes shit in bed, and shes turning down a nose
aeon wrote:
upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;

You fucking retarded fuck :fu:
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

upyours wrote:
p0rt wrote:she aint been laid in yrs, cos shes shit in bed, and shes turning down a nose
aeon wrote:
upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;

All you you fucking STFU.
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

shit wrote:
upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
upyours wrote:
aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;

All you you fucking STFU.
Sure thing boss
shit
To cool for school

Post by shit »

call me boss more often and i'll let you touch it :|):
michaelrattlehead666
Creampuff

Post by michaelrattlehead666 »

I unfortunety never got to see Pantera as i only started listening to them about a year ago, nad now they're my favourite band, and i can play all of their stuff on guitar, but not as good as Dime!! R.I.P Dime
hickasshick
Creampuff

Post by hickasshick »

aeon wrote:
hickasshick wrote:

R.I.P. Dime. ;_;

Oh wow a fucking queer. How nice the even better thing is this is my last post on here as it is just a memorial board so I wont get to read you queer ass shit you write in response haha but you read mine faggot. And for all the other fags you know who you are you are a bunch of niggers that deserve to be hung in a tree and set on fire.
"I've go something to say. I killed your baby today. It doesn't matter much to me as long as its dead."