DIMEBAG To Be Inducted Into Hard Rock Cafe Dallas Walk Of

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
wannarush
Hail Dimebag

DIMEBAG To Be Inducted Into Hard Rock Cafe Dallas Walk Of

Post by wannarush »

- Nov. 6, 2006

"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott (full name: Darrell Lance Abbott) will be posthumously honored with the unveiling of his very own star on Hard Rock Cafe Dallas' Walk of Fame at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 9, 2006. Accepting the honor on behalf and in memory of Dimebag will be his brother, Vinnie Paul, and lifelong partner, Rita Haney.

Immediately following the unveiling, Vinnie and Rita will present Hard Rock Acquisitions Manager Don Bernstine with the Dean guitar Dimebag used on PANTERA's "101 Proof" tour. The evening will continue with a performance from THE HILLBILLY ORCHESTRA.

Dimebag Darrell was the lead guitarist for the multi-platinum selling and Grammy-nominated band, PANTERA, co-founded by Dimebag and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul. Over the span of ten years, PANTERA's fame went global, and according to the All Music Guide, was considered "arguably the greatest metal band of '90s and ... one of the greatest and most influential metal bands ever."

After the breakup of PANTERA in 2003, Dimebag and Vinnie formed DAMAGEPLAN.

On December 8, 2004, while performing with DAMAGEPLAN in Columbus, Ohio, Dimebag was shot and killed onstage. He was 38 years old.

"The star bearing Dime's name that is being inducted into the Hard Rock Walk of Fame here in Dallas is very special for us," states Vinnie.

"I feel like Dime always got the respect he deserved nationally and internationally but locally I feel like he sometimes got overlooked. Now his star will shine brighter than ever deep in the heart of Texas! It is a proud moment for us and we want to thank the Hard Rock for recognizing Dime's talents and accomplishments!"

According to Rita, "This guitar was taken from the '101 Proof' tour, which was done as a replica of his original Dean guitar that Dime played earlier in his career, through the first three records and tours of PANTERA."

Rita continued, "The fact that this induction is being held in our hometown is a great honor to his memory! I'm so glad to see Dallas recognizing what a great talent that one of their own truly was!"

Don Bernstine states, "It is an honor to be a part of this special dedication, which recognizes and honors Dimebag's incredible talent and accomplishments as a musician and as a close friend. I'm pleased to be able to add this distinctive guitar to the renowned Hard Rock memorabilia collection and share it with his countless fans."

Dimebag's legacy lives on through hundreds of musical tributes from the top names in rock, including close friends Zakk Wylde and NICKELBACK, a custom Dean ML Razorback V guitar, an MXR/Dunlop Dime Distortion Pedal and Crybaby From Hell Wah, as well as a CD and DVD debut from Vinnie Paul's Big Vin Records.

The CD, "Rebel Meets Rebel", was recorded throughout the years prior to Dimebag's passing with the original "Cowboys From Hell" lineup (Dimebag, Vinnie and PANTERA bassist Rex Brown) and country legend David Allan Coe. A DVD, "Dimevision Vol. 1, That's the Fun I Have" is a cornucopia of a small portion of miles of video footage shot over the years, mostly taken mostly from Dimebag's point of view. The DVD has been certified gold by the RIAA in the United States as well as in Canada.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

:tup: :tup: :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

vinnie will soon be selling pictures of stars :tup:
Sexual Thunder
Lynch Mob

Post by Sexual Thunder »

Bren wrote::tup: :tup: :tup:
[quote="Mad Muir"]Turkey is awesome with the right kind of gravy, fags.[/quote]
Microwaved the baby Jesus
Vulgar Bastard
Location: |Left of Philcore, Right of Satan| Cincinnati, Ohio

Post by Microwaved the baby Jesus »

yeahh, i love that mother fucketr. you ss fuckkers nigger jews!!
Boot2TheKool
Creampuff

Post by Boot2TheKool »

Ya' think Big vin is bone'n Rita? :negro:
Duh?!