Something Came To Me Today

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
death_or_glory
Creampuff

Something Came To Me Today

Post by death_or_glory »

So there I am, flipping through channles this morning and I come across VH1 and the behind the music of Pantera is on. Personally, I'm not really a big fan of Pantera, I guess I just never got a chance to be exposed to them enough. (Out of the Pantera music I've heard I did like a mojority of it) I say this because I want people to know that I'm here not as a Pantera fan, or so much even a really big fan of Dimebag; but I am here as a fan of music, and I have the upmost respect for anyone who takes the position of being a musician.

When I heard about the death of Dimebag, I was shocked and confused as to why that would happen. But I only thought of it on a personal level as to how it would effect me. I didn't take the time to think of the millions of devoted Pantera/Dimebag fans out there, and more importantly Dimebag's faimly.

Today watching the behind the music of Pantera, watching Vinnie talk about his fallen brother it made me remember my brother who passed away. It brought a momentary rush of all the feelings I went through 7 years ago on my 15th birthday when I attended my own brother's funeral.

In essence, I'm here because I'm not sure exactly how to get my message to Vinnia Paul personally, so on the chance that he will stop by here and happen to read this message I have to take the chance.

Vinnie, I know exactly what you have gone through and what you are going through....I've been there myself. I wish I could say something to you that could make all the pain go away, but I can't. I can only tell you to remember the memories of your brother. You and Dime traveled the world together, bringing the most healing art form to your fans in the form of the music Pantera created. It may have never worked on so many poeple had it not been for the true emotion behind the band. Think of your brother every day, because his body may be gone but he's still around, trust me on this. When ever a young metal head guitarist to be is given a copy of Cowboys From Hell a piece of Dime will forever be instilled into his/her life. You've got an audio scrap book of your life iwht Dime, in the recordings you two did together, so whenever your missing him; just fire up some of the music you two created that has helped so many other people through trying times in their life and let it help you through this one.

You are in my thoughts Vinnie Paul, and even though I missed Pantera I will always have respect for Pantera and it's members.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Why did your family make his funeral on your birthday?
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
7Dime7MetalMassacre
I will fuck you up

Post by 7Dime7MetalMassacre »

Lager wrote:Why did your family make his funeral on your birthday?

God damn dude what a comment
Suck me
Turdsworth
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Turdsworth »

7Dime7MetalMassacre wrote:
Lager wrote:Why did your family make his funeral on your birthday?

God damn dude what a comment
Shit, Im curious to know why they did that too!!!
What The Fuck Is That, It Might Be DOO DOO!!!
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Thank you for stopping by the board.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, god bless him.
I'm not sure if vinnie stops by the board or not, and if he does... he doesnt make it known. It would be good to see him read your comment.

It's great to see the BTM on pantera touched you someway even though you're not a fan!

Take care!
warhead dime
Trendkiller

Post by warhead dime »

That's awesome of you to take out some time for that man. I have a lot of respect for that :tup:

Your comments are much appreciated as is the sincerity.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

ditto :tup:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
J Shred
Creampuff

Post by J Shred »

Sometimes telling someone you know exactly how they feel is the worst thing you can do. there isn't a single soul that can say they no now how vinne feels. i know our message is very heart felt and full of good intentions but no matter who you've lost or what you've been through cannot compare to vinne and his loss. The world was raped of dime and there is no way to heal it!!!
Eyemaster
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Eyemaster »

i almost started crying watching the BTM.

what Dime's dad says in the end is just...fuck. :no:

i'm about to light one up for Dime now, do the same.

Dimebag lives forever :aargh:
i love you
Aaronje12
Creampuff

Post by Aaronje12 »

Seeing the Ohio footage did make me very sad to see b/c i do and will always love Pantera
juhis
Creampuff

Post by juhis »

Eyemaster wrote:i almost started crying watching the BTM.
I did cried... Couldn`t help it. Fuck man... :no:
RIP Dimebag