Article about Dimebag online

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
Slasherama
Creampuff

Article about Dimebag online

Post by Slasherama »

Hi folks,

I used to write for Kerrang! magazine and interviewed Dimebag a coupla times over the years. I'm still in denial about what happened, I think, like a lot of people.

A week or so after Dimebag passed, I was commissioned to write an article about him for Rip & Burn magazine here in the UK. Now, a year on, I decided to reprint it on my website, which normally covers horror movies 'n' stuff. Feel free to take a look at it, on this link: http://www.slasherama.com/features/dimebag.html

Best wishes,

Jason Arnopp
http://www.slasherama.com
Last edited by Slasherama on Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

HEAVY METAL GODDAMN MEDIA INTRUDER ALERT :x :x :x :fu: :fu: :fu: :fur: :fur: :fur: :fur: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
BLAK2TH
The Introvert

Post by BLAK2TH »

Slasherama, you fucker, you ended Pantera. :fur:
Slasherama
Creampuff

Post by Slasherama »

Well, sure am glad I swung by. (Tip-toes towards door)... :shock:
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Slasherama wrote:Well, sure am glad I swung by. (Tip-toes towards door)... :shock:
a little cautious research would've told you that we don't usually take too kindly to the heavy metal goddamn media round here.
Slasherama
Creampuff

Post by Slasherama »

What, so I would have done research, then not bothered to post a link to an article about Dimebag?

Just wanted to let you know. Read it or don't. :)
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Kerrang :zzz: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Hey Jason, I remember reading your stuff in Kerrang years ago, are you the same guy who wrote that Friday the 13th book? Anyway, thanks for posting that article, it's good reading.

I think people here are hostile towards Kerrang because they've been less than kind in the past to Pantera/Dime...there's a thread here about a photo printed a couple of weeks ago which they alleged was Dime on a stretcher being rushed to hospital which was obviously false. And so on.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

oh and they disrespected my nigga Count Grishnackh on numerous occasions
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Spectators to the tragedy have asked why a more prominent rock agitator - Marilyn Manson, for instance - hasn't taken a bullet, and the answer has to be security.
You're a moron and you don't know shit.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

Marilyn Manson shows are full of fags and stupid bitches who are scared of guns IMO.
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

It should have been lars ulrich,not dime.
endofdays
Creampuff

Post by endofdays »

what's your point?
you all are talking bullshit here, fuck off!

oh, and thanks jason for the link, ill check it out later!
Slasherama
Creampuff

Post by Slasherama »

Bren wrote:Hey Jason, I remember reading your stuff in Kerrang years ago, are you the same guy who wrote that Friday the 13th book? Anyway, thanks for posting that article, it's good reading.

I think people here are hostile towards Kerrang because they've been less than kind in the past to Pantera/Dime...there's a thread here about a photo printed a couple of weeks ago which they alleged was Dime on a stretcher being rushed to hospital which was obviously false. And so on.
Hi Bren, yep I'm the Friday The 13th book fella. Glad you liked the Dime article, too.

I've been out of Kerrang! for three years now, so don't know about recent events. I have to say that K! supported Pantera right from Cowboys From Hell onwards but definitely did criticise them from time to time. I don't see that as being disrespectful - just, uh, critical. :) Anyway, cheers guv!
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Slasherama wrote:
Bren wrote:Hey Jason, I remember reading your stuff in Kerrang years ago, are you the same guy who wrote that Friday the 13th book? Anyway, thanks for posting that article, it's good reading.

Hi Bren, yep I'm the Friday The 13th book fella. Glad you liked the Dime article, too.

I've been out of Kerrang! for three years now, so don't know about recent events. I have to say that K! supported Pantera right from Cowboys From Hell onwards but definitely did criticise them from time to time. I don't see that as being disrespectful - just, uh, critical. :) Anyway, cheers guv!

Kerrang disrespects anything that isn't the flavour of the week, for example when the system has failed came out, they completely buried the album and on their review the picture which was supposed to be the album was mayhems de mysterious dom satanus, or something like that, and in the same magazine they went on to give about 4 shit new bands who i cant even remember 5 k's or whatever the fuck.

In saying that my band was in kerrang, so i love them :roll:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]

Post by Guest »

i'm glad nobody thought i was too harsh in my first couple of posts in this thread. when i saw there were like 10 more replies i thought i would be chastised for being too much of a dick. but Bren has presented my argument eloquently.

i am not sorry. although jason seems like a nice guy (and kind of pussyish with the not fighting back) so i feel a little bad about my fucking hostility. :oops:
Slasherama
Creampuff

Post by Slasherama »

PhilCore wrote:i'm glad nobody thought i was too harsh in my first couple of posts in this thread. when i saw there were like 10 more replies i thought i would be chastised for being too much of a dick. but Bren has presented my argument eloquently.

i am not sorry. although jason seems like a nice guy (and kind of pussyish with the not fighting back) so i feel a little bad about my fucking hostility. :oops:
Not fighting back? Pussy-ish? Just because I didn't verbally abuse you? You're funny. :lol:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Slasherama wrote:
PhilCore wrote:i'm glad nobody thought i was too harsh in my first couple of posts in this thread. when i saw there were like 10 more replies i thought i would be chastised for being too much of a dick. but Bren has presented my argument eloquently.

Not fighting back? Pussy-ish? Just because I didn't verbally abuse you? You're funny. :lol:

dude chill out the reason we'r pissed is because of your article on www.lemonparty.org
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]

Post by Guest »

yes that article SUCKED :x
Slasherama
Creampuff

Post by Slasherama »

What are you talkin' about? That was the best night of my life! :D
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

PhilCore wrote:
Slasherama wrote:Well, sure am glad I swung by. (Tip-toes towards door)... :shock:
a little cautious research would've told you that we don't usually take too kindly to the heavy metal goddamn media round here.
:lol: Sounds like someones on the Anselmo bandwagon arent they? Magazines dont cause people's deaths people do, jack ass.
Get killed.
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

PhilCore wrote:
:lol: Sounds like someones on the Anselmo bandwagon arent they? Magazines dont cause people's deaths people do, jack ass.
Get killed.
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

hey without the goddamned heavy metal fucking media, we'd never have known that Phil died 125 times, and that he is also the worlds greatest boxer and drug user rolled into one, hail satan
MikeyHelms
Trendkiller

Post by MikeyHelms »

Bren wrote:hey without the goddamned heavy metal fucking media, we'd never have known that Phil died 125 times, and that he is also the worlds greatest boxer and drug user rolled into one, hail satan
hail guinness
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

Bren wrote:hey without the goddamned heavy metal fucking media, we'd never have known that Phil died 125 times, and that he is also the worlds greatest boxer and drug user rolled into one, hail satan

:zzz:
Get killed.
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

Bren was nice to someone.
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

Jefferino wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
i didn't say magazines killed anyone. they helped break up a band. :fu:

...and jackass is one word.
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

PhilCore wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
PhilCore wrote:

not necessarily Ass, Jack
Jefferino
Hail Dimebag

Post by Jefferino »

PhilCore wrote:
Jefferino wrote:
PhilCore wrote:

:lol:
They helped break up the band huh? So Phil is in New Orleans, and Dime and Vinnie were in Texas and Phil was checking Kerrang like the New York Times to see what the Abbott brothers said about him this week....OMFG, do you realize that these guys have given hundreds of interviews and they probably only reviewed 10% of them? Do you actually think they give a flying fuck about what a magazine prints? Or misquotes? Wake up jackass...<~ One word :|):
Get killed.