personal Dime Stories

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
Cowboy From Hell

personal Dime Stories

Post by 3200 »

I'm new here so I don't know if anyone has put up a thread like this.

I thought it would be cool if people could post about times they met him or ways he touched their lives.

here's my story. It's not much I guess. But to me it meant something in a point in my life when I needed it.

It was hard being a female singer in the metal scene in Texas in the 90's. Especially the early 90's.

We were doing a gig at a club with a band we played with a lot back then called Pit Bull.

There were a few of the singers (dudes) from other local bands out at the show that night all huddled together in the back being shit licks because I was a chick and our guitar player was only about 12 or 13 at the time... I was twenty... about to be 21 in two days.

After we finished our set, my friend Craig (bass player for Pit Bull) was talking to some guy at the bar and motioned for me to come over there. I knew he'd buy me a beer and I really needed one since one of the balding Vince Neil wanna be singer dudes was looming closer toward me with a scowl on his mug that would make a dog bark.

Anyways, I went over and right before I got to the bar, the balding dude grabbed me by the arm and said some really rude shit about how I must have sucked some ones dick to get the gig cause everyone knows chicks don't belong in rock n roll. Words passed between us (I haven't been posting on this board long enough to know the language ethics so I'll just say I told him off) and even though I seemed relatively unscathed, it hurt me. I knew I was better than that guy, even on my worst day. All I wanted was a little respect... not as a female... but as a musician... and a metal head.

Just then, the guy at the bar with my friend craig came out of nowhere and told me that he was really impressed (I'm paraphrasing... it was a long time ago) that I had the balls to stand up to shit heads like that and go head to head with the guys. He bought me a heinekin. We laughed and talked about my friends goatee and how it looked like a chicks muff.

My father in law bought me Vulgar Display of Video for my birthday... watching it, I realized that the guy at the bar was Dime. I never knew. He never mentioned it. He was just kind, friendly and supportive.

If there were more men like him in the metal industry, we could take over the world.

The haters, wanna be's and nad jugglers out there rip apart the unity of the metal scene like they were planted here by brittany spears PR manager.

Anyway... that's another rant for another thread.

I just wanted to share my ONE TIME Dime experience with you guys.

I hope you'll share yours with me.

:pimp:
www.3200.us
http://www.3200.us/PawPawsArchives.htm
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
buck satan
Baldy

Post by buck satan »

I saw Damageplan twice.
Robert M ByrdFinally passed a math class after 8 tries in a 14 year period of going to college off and on.
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

he was a really nice guy and DID NOT have to be as nice and kind to me as he was.

I will never forget it.

It makes me sick that there are people on this site who are haters and racists and shit... it's like taking his name in vain.

it's a real shame.

There are some really cool people on this site from what I can see... but there are a hand full of people just like the one in my story.

I wish he was here to tell them off.
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

3200 wrote:people on this site who are haters and racists and shit... it's like taking his name in vain.
I can't think of one single occasion in which people used Dimebag's name to express their views. Especially, racist.
Cowboy From Hell

Post by 3200 »

Revolver wrote:
3200 wrote:people on this site who are haters and racists and shit... it's like taking his name in vain.
I can't think of one single occasion in which people used Dimebag's name to express their views. Especially, racist.
I can't think of one single time I said they did.
www.3200.us
www.myspace.com/3200band
www.3200.us/BLEED.wmv
RE-ED
SAQZAPPER

Post by RE-ED »

this isn't the piss fest race card zone, so post it elsewhere.