Where were you when you heard the news?

Leave your thoughts, wishes, memories, art, or anything else here.
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Where were you when you heard the news?

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

I woke up out of a dead sleep at 1:18am. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to go online for a bit. I had an IM from a buddy of mine sent at 1:00am. He said "Dude, Dime was killed tonight. I'm not fucking joking." I Im-ed him back, but he was off line. I looked online seriously for 45 minutes to an hour searching for something to verify the information. I didn't see or hear shit. Then finally I came across NBC4i.com in Columbus, Ohio. There I saw the news. I though at first and for the next hour it was a rumor or perhaps he was hurt but alive, but there was a live footage tape from the scene. I broke down and cried. They named the place it happened at so I Googled the name "Alrosa Villa" and found they had a message board. I signed up for the board and there were people that was there on the board talking about what happened. they are 1 hour ahead of me time zone-wise) I went between NBC4i.com and the Alrosa BB. I stayed up the whole day glued to Fox News for updates, Alrosa's BB, and NBC4i.com. I havn't expierenced anyone close to me dying before, but Pantera has been close to me as long as I can remember. My mom used to listen to 'em. Her old boyfriend's band covered them, but I don't remember much because I was 9 at the time. The second CD I ever bough ever was FBD. My mom's old boyfriend took me to the CD shop and said I should pick it up. It was cool and I dug it, but it wasn't until I was 13 when I really got into them. For the 9 years Pantera has helped me through some shit. If you can't say the same, then you have no business on the PBB. Dime's guitar riffs, Vinny's earthquake-like drumming, Phil's powerful words and voice and Rex's bass made the most perfect sound ever. thier other bands are ok, but everyone knows that they are nothing without eachother. Many of the songs brought emotions in people because it's real shit that everyone has dealt with at some point in thier life. Everone has had shit talked to them, everyone has had an asshole girlfriend/boyfriend, everyone got sick of taking someones shit... and if you havn't then you are a pussy. All I have to say is Phil says it right down to the T "We were not just some band. Dime was not just some guitar player. Pantera has changed peoples lives!" Sorry for going on forever. If your gonna talk shit about my post or thread, then go do it somewhere else. This thread is strictly about DIME and where you were, how it has affected you and so on. If you don't have shit to say about this topic, then make a thread called "I'm a dickface and I don't have any respect for Dimebag and the people who mourn his passing"..... Thanks.

Last edited by xxx_viola_xxx on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

:tup:
[quote="Bren"]Tyson posted his vagina :tup:[/quote]
[quote="Tyson"]I am a lady :lol: :aargh:[/quote]
Tracy_Mod Effect
Creampuff

We were...

Post by Tracy_Mod Effect »

My husband, Alapeno, and I were at home...just about to go to bed...then the phone rang at about 10:30. It was a friend asking us if we had heard anything. Not yet. I called my guitarist and asked him to look on the web for anything...he called back immediately and I knew it wasn't good. I was thinking maybe a bus accident or something...not this.

He told me to sit down and then he read what was on his screen...at first I was in desibelief...then he told me it was confirmed that Darrell had died. I told him I would call him back.

There I sat...in shock, wondering how I was supposed to walk in the bedroom and tell one of Darrell's close friends...At this time we had no idea of Mayhem's condition, or anybody else's for that matter. The phone rang all night long. Jonathan from Shadows Fall called us wondering what the hell was going on...SF wasn't on that leg of the tour, but they were supposed to meet back up with them that next Sunday.

The next few days for us were tiring with the funeral and memorials. We still think about him everyday.
grim northern man
Vulgar Bastard

Post by grim northern man »

in bed.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

xxx_viola_xxx wrote:Image
What the fuck is that?
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

Lager wrote:
What the fuck is that?
It's a fuckin picture that someone sent me on Myspace.com
I thought it was kinda cool. I don't care what you think.
Have you no respect fuckbags?
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
Lager wrote:
What the fuck is that?
It's a fuckin picture that someone sent me on Myspace.com
I thought it was kinda cool. I don't care what you think.
Have you no respect fuckbags?
They do have respect they just think the picture is funny :tup:
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

The guy that sent me the IM at 1:00am to tell me about Dime sent me that pic the same morning. I don't know who made it but the morning after Dime's death, it was cool. Now there are a billion pix like that depict Dime as an angel which are way better, but this was possibly the first one made...
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

xxx_viola_xxx wrote:The guy that sent me the IM at 1:00am to tell me about Dime sent me that pic the same morning. I don't know who made it but the morning after Dime's death, it was cool. Now there are a billion pix like that depict Dime as an angel which are way better, but this was possibly the first one made...
It sucks.
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

So do you for not having any type of respect for Dime's picture. :no:
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

If you don't have shit to say about this topic, then make a thread called "I'm a dickface and I don't have any respect for Dimebag and the people who mourn his passing"..... Thanks.
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Brandon
filthy degenerate

Post by Brandon »

at the bar. every cop in columbus was at the alrosa that night. i didnt believe it, i thought it wa s ajoke
rObsessed!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

I woke up for college, went to the PC and then read the news where it said "Metal hero feared dead" or something similar, then I read it was dime :(
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

i heard it on the radio, they played cem gates after they said he was dead
Izzy
I hate nigs

Post by Izzy »

I was at work. Didn't have much to do at that particular moment, around 10:30 am. I scrolled around on MSN's homepage and looked the entertainment news section. "Rock Guitarist slain at concert" and next to it, a picture of Dimebag. I didn't think it was him. I thought maybe they got a fill-in guitarist for the tour and that guy was shot, or maybe the guitarist from some other band was shot. Despite Dime's picture being there, I didn't wanna believe it.

Then the page finished loading, and there was the story. I shouted out "Holy shit!" so all the ladies in my hallway heard it, haha. Next thing I did was run out to my car, grab my Pantera CD's, and I started listening to them all day. I couldn't go home, but I didn't do any work at all the rest of the day. Or the next day, for that matter. I just kept reading all the metal news sites. Such a shitty, shitty day. RIP Dime.

aeon what station around here plays Pantera?
xastyr 7:51 pm
fyui90/*+* 06treszxc
Dimebag 4ever
Creampuff

Post by Dimebag 4ever »

any pic of dime is a fucking brilliant one :fur:
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

Dimebag 4ever wrote:any pic of dime is a fucking brilliant one :fur:
Thank you.. atleast someone here isn't an asshole :D
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

i was jerking off
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
Severed Shadow
Creampuff

Post by Severed Shadow »

I was at home. A friend on AIM told me.
\v/
[b]Rest In Peace, Darrell "Dimebag" Abbot.[/b]
myownself
Creampuff

Post by myownself »

just got back from a road trip and hated the day i heard dime was dead.
i will never except it. it's really fucking sad knowing that out of all the people to fucking die "DIME" was the one who did.
all respect for all who did pass on that day but honestly, what the fuck did dime do to desereve this shit? or anyone else that died?
what the fuck happened that some fucking piece of shit had to off a fucking walking legend and kill more inoccent people?
what the fuck :fur:
this shit just can't clear it self of my head. i can't stop trying to figuer out why this happened. i can't come up with any good reason and it drives me fucking nuts!
hope i'm not the only one feeling this way.
but this shit sux. we're all posting in memory of someone who should not be dead. no one should have died that night.
i still can't get over the stupidity of nathen gale. what a true piece of shit!
all respect for all who post in memory of dime bag!
never forget, never forgive, i'd give my soul to torture gales ass for eternity!
if it would only bring dime back. FUCK!!!!!!!!
WWW.NUFFSAIDHC.COM

nuffsaid!!!
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Shut the fuck up fanboy.
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

Lager wrote:
Shut the fuck up fanboy.
Do you think he's angry :lol:
Mike-Dedlock
Creampuff

Post by Mike-Dedlock »

I just got back from seeing "Team America" with my Girlfriend.
I came home still laughing and talking about the movie then it
hit.The phone rang.It was my manager.She told me the news and
I just broke down.Dime and the Damageplan/Pantera family were
good friends of mine.Till this day I still can't believe he was taken
from us in such a hateful way.His memorial was beautiful.A moment
of silence for the man himself..............................................................................................................................R.I.P Dime!!!
FOREVER STRONGER THAN ALL...
in loving memory of Dimebag Darrell
DevilAnse
Creampuff Sr.

Post by DevilAnse »

Online playing Halo 2 with Fubar.
AlabamaRedneck
Lynch Mob

Post by AlabamaRedneck »

Mike-Dedlock wrote:I just got back from seeing "Team America" with my Girlfriend.
That movie totally sucked dude.
CobraGT508 88 (4:32:07 AM): on a scale of 1-10, how tall is a goat with credit card eyes?
rebelextravagant (4:32:15 AM): 27%
bagdime
I will fuck you up

Post by bagdime »

Lager wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:The guy that sent me the IM at 1:00am to tell me about Dime sent me that pic the same morning. I don't know who made it but the morning after Dime's death, it was cool. Now there are a billion pix like that depict Dime as an angel which are way better, but this was possibly the first one made...
It sucks.
your a fucking kid, no one cares what you think :fu:
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
bagdime
I will fuck you up

Post by bagdime »

I was at my computer and I clicked on the Pantera board to sign up on it and it said that traffic was rediculous, so I turned on the tv to chill and the news flash came that said he got shot, I was so pissed and sad at the same time, I was planning on going to a DP show when they got down to KC but my dreams were shattered :x
bagdime
I will fuck you up

Post by bagdime »

xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?
a few people on here say 14 so Im going with that
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

bagdime wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?
I'm 16, and if you had any sense you wouldn't care what anyone thinks on this board :tup:
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

Lager wrote:
bagdime wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?

I'm 16, and if you had any sense you wouldn't care what anyone thinks on this board :tup:
Holy shit dude, I think I'm commiting a felony by talking to you.
I think you should get back to the Linkin Park BB.
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
Lager wrote:
bagdime wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?

Holy shit dude, I think I'm commiting a felony when I talk to you.
But I don't like Linkin Park. :|
African Tigers Reunited
Far Beyond Driven

Post by African Tigers Reunited »

Lager wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
Lager wrote:
bagdime wrote:
xxx_viola_xxx wrote:
bagdime wrote:
Lager wrote:
It sucks.
How old is Lager?

Holy shit dude, I think I'm commiting a felony when I talk to you.
But I don't like Linkin Park. :|

:fag:
[quote="scorn"]lol[/quote]
SlayuLa
Creampuff

Post by SlayuLa »

I was getting a ride home from school when I heard the news. Very shitty day.
myownself
Creampuff

Post by myownself »

not too much respect here. :no:
grow up. maybe then it will hit you why we are even here posting anything
wish it was still post about the last pantera or DM show we just seen.
but it's not. it's for the passing of a fuckin legend, a bad ass that can never be replaced.
how about leaving the computer tough guys in their own world of pussifacation. (words by george carlin)
would be cool if this forum could go back to respecting DIME!
this site was already shut down once and started over because of the mindless bullshit.
show some fucking respect!
WWW.NUFFSAIDHC.COM

nuffsaid!!!
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

myownself wrote:not too much respect here. :no:
grow up. maybe then it will hit you why we are even here posting anything
wish it was still post about the last pantera or DM show we just seen.
but it's not. it's for the passing of a fuckin legend, a bad ass that can never be replaced.
how about leaving the computer tough guys in their own world of pussifacation. (words by george carlin)
would be cool if this forum could go back to respecting DIME!
this site was already shut down once and started over because of the mindless bullshit.
show some fucking respect!
If you don't have shit to say about this topic, then make a thread called "I'm a dickface and I don't have any respect for Dimebag and the people who mourn his passing"..... Thanks.
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men
Lizzy
Bazoomba

Post by Lizzy »

All of us repsect Darrell ...... like i said in another thread mourning for Darrell wont ever bring him back.

He wouldnt want to see us all upset now would he???

He would want us all to remember him for who he was and not where he is now .... so move on and carry on his rememberance by listening to his music and playing to his music etc.
xxx_viola_xxx
Trendkiller

Post by xxx_viola_xxx »

upyours wrote:All of us repsect Darrell ...... like i said in another thread mourning for Darrell wont ever bring him back.

He wouldnt want to see us all upset now would he???

He would want us all to remember him for who he was and not where he is now .... so move on and carry on his rememberance by listening to his music and playing to his music etc.
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Got shit on
Pissed on
Spit on
Stepped on
Fucked with
Pointed at by lesser men