NHL offseason

The place to talk about all of Pantera's side bands! Down, SJR, Gasoline, etc...
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

Well, I did expect them to make the playoffs last year. It's not like I expect them to make the finals, usually.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

us stars fans have been getting teased since we won the cup in 99. every yr they have one of the best records and then get dropped in the 1st round. i would rather not make the playoffs than go thru that bs
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

No you wouldn't, not making the playoffs sucks.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

it really sucks thinking you have a team that can make the finals and then your season is over before the end of april/may.
but not making it does suck as well as we knew that feeling the yr before the strike
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

Neil Smith got fired as GM by the Islander already, and replaced him with GARTH SNOW :lll: :lll: :lll: :lll: :lll: :lll: :lll:
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

yeah after a month. :lol: must not of kissed the owners ass well enough
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

i was wondering what the hell happened to garth snow
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

:lol:

I feel weird cheering for the Stars but lets hope they make it to the finals along with the Leafs :tup:
Q&A: Did you go to college and if so what degree did you earn?

Cro Cop: Yes

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

avulsed i could most definitly handle that. of course then i would hope the stars crush the leafs. no offense as i am sure you would wish the opposite
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

it's allll milbury. Smith was an experienced Gm who knows how to run shit, even if he did fuck up the rangers future for 3,4 years. Milbury still wants control and that's why he needs a puppet like snow.
[quote="Bodom J (2)"]Amadeus is a good film [/quote]
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

i used to love the rangers. brian leetch's brother was my lieutenant in the army. got to go to his house in conn. thing was f'ing huge. even saw gretzky's last game in canada in ontario about 4 rows off the ice
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

hahahah lafontaine just quit the islanders too. This is hilarious.
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

so much for the Islanders trying to restore some credibility
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

boo yeah

Diamond Dee
Mouth For War

Post by Diamond Dee »

CP wrote:No you wouldn't, not making the playoffs sucks.
Yes it does suck. Especially when your team is on fire the beginning of the season. It's irritating. :no:
Easy come easy go

Reach for the sky because tomorrow may never come
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

not making the playoff is the worst. Take it from me, My team missed it from 98-04. Even though we got swept by our archrival in the first round, being able to TALK playoffs and look forward to it in march and april rules.
CP
Crazy Canuck

Post by CP »

axlash wrote:not making the playoff is the worst. Take it from me, My team missed it from 98-04. Even though we got swept by our archrival in the first round, being able to TALK playoffs and look forward to it in march and april rules.
98-04 is pretty pathetic. You'd feel like you were never going to make the playoffs again.
Diamond Dee
Mouth For War

Post by Diamond Dee »

axlash wrote:not making the playoff is the worst. Take it from me, My team missed it from 98-04. Even though we got swept by our archrival in the first round, being able to TALK playoffs and look forward to it in march and april rules.
I did follow the playoffs and cheered against Anaheim every chance I got. That was the extent of my playoff talk. I started looking forward to the following season back in January when the Kings took a shit like they usually do. Maybe one day my team will win a cup but it's unlikely. :(
Easy come easy go

Reach for the sky because tomorrow may never come
Desquamation
Titan Rain

Post by Desquamation »

Avulsed wrote:make it to the finals along with the Leafs :tup:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry... Whenever I hear, or in this case read, "finals" and "Leafs" in the same sentence I can't help but laugh.
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

i'm still pissed off about 2002. That year was destined to have a toronto detroit final. :no:
Desquamation
Titan Rain

Post by Desquamation »

axlash wrote:i'm still pissed off about 2002. That year was destined to have a toronto detroit final. :no:
That would have been awesome... I'll admit I was a little giddy at the thought of a Habs/Wings final last season (a pipe dream, but seemed possible at the start), that was until Detroit decided that golf was a better way to spend their summer. Fuckers.
Three Second Doom
Hail Dimebag

Post by Three Second Doom »

"The Philadelphia Flyers have signed unrestricted free agent forward Geoff Sanderson to a two-year contract."

We have forwards out the ass now, which will most likely mean we'll be trimming the fat soon and using the extra cap space for a few more pickups or maybe a trade or two.

Good pickup, I'd say. :tup:
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Just like every Leafs fan says every year "This year we'll take it :aargh:"

[quote="Neural Implosion"] I'm just a grindcore musician out there trying to make it[/quote]
Hunter/Killer
Hunter/Killer

Post by Hunter/Killer »

Avulsed wrote:Just like every Leafs fan says every year "This year we'll take it :aargh:"
and end up routing for the next best canadian team in the playoffs
... You're killing me, Smalls.
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

Wayne wrote:
Avulsed wrote:Just like every Leafs fan says every year "This year we'll take it :aargh:"
and end up routing for the next best canadian team in the playoffs
which end up losing in game 7 of the finals
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

how do u guys think the senators feel? every yr the finish w/ one of the best records and then choke in the playoffs :lol:
Dawdy
Mouth For War

Post by Dawdy »

nitrofuel wrote:how do u guys think the senators feel? every yr the finish w/ one of the best records and then choke in the playoffs :lol:
:D
Avulsed
Lynch Mob

Post by Avulsed »

Dawdy wrote:
nitrofuel wrote:how do u guys think the senators feel? every yr the finish w/ one of the best records and then choke in the playoffs :lol:
:D

Area53
Vulgar Bastard

Post by Area53 »

I bought a sens jersey about 12 years ago... It was better when they sucked. It was cool to see them win, but then they became this rediculous powerhouse team. Now i cant stand them.
[url=http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=37.254653,-115.79607&spn=0.09947,0.1581]Area 51[/url]
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

yeah power house team during the regular season. after that they revert back to their losing ways
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

Fuck the Sens. I'm not one of these guys who says "The Leafs will take it" I'm the optimistic guy who no matter what says "The teams looking pretty good and I guess we'll just wait to see what happens". If they don't wina cup in my lifetime, my life=failed.
Captain Blackout
[quote="Wayne"]fubes does nothing but kick ass and cut grass[/quote]
Go Leafs Go
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

what do you think the leafs win the cup first or the blue jays win the world series first? gotta go with the leafs
axlash
Lynch Mob

Post by axlash »

right now the blue jays have the better team, but they're still about 2 years away from being serious contenders, especially in the AL East. In the NHL, you can become a contender overnight, but toronto is missing a few too many pieces, so i'll go with the jays.
nitrofuel
Vulgar Bastard

Post by nitrofuel »

i would much rather see the leafs win before the jays. like u said though they could spring up this season and have a good run to the cup. ya never know. right now the yanks and bosox are to strong. don't like the jays anyway. shitty stadium and i live in dallas so i root for the shit rangers
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

I hope Toronto never wins a cup. Detroit, Colorado and Toronto are my most hated teams in the NHL.

The Sens might some day actually win a cup, but I think they will have to beat the leafs in a series first, the year they do that is the year they win the cup.
[quote="Mitch"]People say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit cigarettes." Yes I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing:[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]all vulvas are beautiful! and if they ain't, smash her back door in.[/quote]
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

the_clansman wrote:I hope Toronto never wins a cup. Detroit, Colorado and Toronto are my most hated teams in the NHL.

The Sens might some day actually win a cup, but I think they will have to beat the leafs in a series first, the year they do that is the year they win the cup.
This guy must be a Canucks fan :fu: :roll:
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

FUBAR wrote:
the_clansman wrote:I hope Toronto never wins a cup. Detroit, Colorado and Toronto are my most hated teams in the NHL.

wow, you see the fact that im from BC and deduct that im a canucks fan, I'd bake you a fucking hero cookie but the kitchen is closed.
FUBAR
Grass God

Post by FUBAR »

the_clansman wrote:
FUBAR wrote:

wow, you see the fact that im from BC and deduct that im a canucks fan, I'd bake you a fucking hero cookie but the kitchen is closed.
No, Canucks fans HATE the Leafs. I mean it was quite the rivalry I can see why you'd hate a Canadian team that isn't even in your conference so much :fu:
Captain Blackout
Go Leafs Go
the_clansman
I will fuck you up

Post by the_clansman »

FUBAR wrote:
the_clansman wrote:
FUBAR wrote:

No, Canucks fans HATE the Leafs. I mean it was quite the rivalry I can see why you'd hate a Canadian team that isn't even in your conference so much :fu:
The reason I hate the leafs is because of the legion of moron fans like you.