What are all of Phil Anselmo's side projects and bands??

The place to talk about all of Pantera's side bands! Down, SJR, Gasoline, etc...
Ciro
Creampuff

What are all of Phil Anselmo's side projects and bands??

Post by Ciro »

Hey, I have liked Pantera for a good while but I've started to get kinda deep into it more or less recently.

Wanted to know if somebody could tell me wich are all of Phil Anselmo's side projects and bands.

Thnx in advance.
dan
Mouth For War

Post by dan »

if you have been into pantera for a good while, you should know by now that phil died just before they hit the major labels, as is the reason the band hired Terrence Lee for cowboys from hell, and every other album since.
[quote="richard"]i felt i was on the earth exept it was a woman[/quote]
Lauryn
n0ob

Post by Lauryn »

Phils side projects

1) Super Joint Ritual with members from his other band Down, and Hank Williams the 3rd. It is some hardcore thrash metal, fucking awsome. Makes you break your neck. First album is self titeled, second album is called "A Letha Dose of American Hatred"

2) DOWN with members from Corrosion of Conformity (COC), Crowbar, and Rex (the bassist from Pantera) It is amazing southern metal, Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin influenced,...with Phils own twisted take First album is called "NOLA" it stand for New Orleans Laouisana (where most of the members are from) The second album is simply DOWN II

3) He had un anfinished project called TapeWorm with Marylin Manson and Trent Reznor

4) His ex wife Opal was in a band with him called Vikeing Crown, he also produced he solo album, "Southern Isolation"
~TrendKill~Forever~
Lauryn
n0ob

Post by Lauryn »

My mistake,
the first Super Joint Ritual album is called "Use Once and Destroy"
~TrendKill~Forever~
stretch
Cowboy From Hell

Post by stretch »

Lauryn wrote:3) He had un anfinished project called TapeWorm with Marylin Manson and Trent Reznor
i didn't know phil was in that. i thought it was just reznor and maynard from tool.
13steps
I will fuck you up

Post by 13steps »

stretch wrote:
Lauryn wrote:3) He had un anfinished project called TapeWorm with Marylin Manson and Trent Reznor
i didn't know phil was in that. i thought it was just reznor and maynard from tool.
He never recorded anything with 'em
[quote="PhilCore"]er du behövande en rum - kompis? :)[/quote]
p u k e
Lynch Mob

Post by p u k e »

Lauryn wrote:Phils side projects

1) Super Joint Ritual with members from his other band Down, and Hank Williams the 3rd. It is some hardcore thrash metal, fucking awsome. Makes you break your neck. First album is self titeled, second album is called "A Letha Dose of American Hatred"

2) DOWN with members from Corrosion of Conformity (COC), Crowbar, and Rex (the bassist from Pantera) It is amazing southern metal, Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin influenced,...with Phils own twisted take First album is called "NOLA" it stand for New Orleans Laouisana (where most of the members are from) The second album is simply DOWN II

3) He had un anfinished project called TapeWorm with Marylin Manson and Trent Reznor

4) His ex wife Opal was in a band with him called Vikeing Crown, he also produced he solo album, "Southern Isolation"
Damn ur fucking smart, shit bitch, by the way Tapeworm never started, Trent is trying it now, Phil has never done anything for it
Bailey666
Creampuff

Post by Bailey666 »

:aargh:
panterastyle
Creampuff

Post by panterastyle »

Forgetting a couple of bands, are we?
MARDUK
Hail Dimebag

Post by MARDUK »

Bailey666 wrote::aargh:
He posts but he has no posts!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Check my thread some cm further down on this forum. I guess they all are mentioned there.
[quote="George Bush"]"I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli".[/quote]

Post by flashlight66 »

Check my thread some cm further down on this forum. I guess they all are mentioned there.
Hail to the king :death:
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

EIBON :aargh: :fur: :x
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

He's working on some real underground shit right now called Hairpiece Paranoia Shakedown, wait till you hear this shit. :tup:
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
a_townloser77
Creampuff

Post by a_townloser77 »

so you all forgot when he was in necrofagia
Quas
Creampuff

Post by Quas »

Down
Superjoint Ritual
Viking Crown
Eibon
Necrophagia
Christ Inversion
Anal Cunt
Soilent Green
"Yarr!" the monkey said as he ejaculated apple sauce into the forest of illusions

Post by Guest »

Quas wrote:Down
Superjoint Ritual
Viking Crown
Eibon
Necrophagia
Christ Inversion
Anal Cunt
Soilent Green
no. if you're going to count AC and Soilent Green you may as well count Eyehategod and every other band he's done guest spots/live appearances with. and if we're counting that we may as well count his production credits on Crowbar and Southern Isolation. and if we're counting those we may as well count Suicidal Tendencies, Alice In Chains, Prong, and Slayer, who all get namechecked or featured in the home videos. :|
Quas
Creampuff

Post by Quas »

PhilCore wrote:
Superjoint Ritual
Viking Crown
Eibon
Necrophagia
Christ Inversion
Anal Cunt
Soilent Green
no. if you're going to count AC and Soilent Green you may as well count Eyehategod and every other band he's done guest spots/live appearances with. and if we're counting that we may as well count his production credits on Crowbar and Southern Isolation. and if we're counting those we may as well count Suicidal Tendencies, Alice In Chains, Prong, and Slayer, who all get namechecked or featured in the home videos. :|
SMART ASS, buuutt i agree, and i jepp uhmm bye
"Yarr!" the monkey said as he ejaculated apple sauce into the forest of illusions
croninburg
Lynch Mob

Post by croninburg »

Quas wrote:
PhilCore wrote:
Superjoint Ritual
Viking Crown
Eibon
Necrophagia
Christ Inversion
Anal Cunt
Soilent Green
SMART ASS, buuutt i agree, and i jepp uhmm bye
He's on an Anal Cunt record..

Post by Guest »

a guest appearance doth not a side project make.
jvironet
Creampuff

Post by jvironet »

He just did backup on A.C. right?

Eibon and Christ Inversion I've never heard of; I'll check into that.

Regarding Necrophagia, I've only found him credited with 5 albums. Do you know if he worked on Harvest Ritual, Vol.1 or Divine Art of Torture?
Fantomas
Tooth Fairy

Post by Fantomas »

13steps wrote:
stretch wrote:
He never recorded anything with 'em
but he was part of it? i never heard that. the only thing that ever came out of the tapeworm sessions was Passive which a perfect circle ended up recording, much to the the anger of trent reznor
mindwar
Creampuff

Post by mindwar »

No, apparently Phil did record vocals for a Tapeworm song..There was a list of musicians who had contributed to the various projects somewhere and he was definitely part of it..at least one song..The only contributors I can remember off the top of my head were Phil, Maynard, and I think Rob Halford as well maybe?

Hey, on a side note, didn't Trent say he's letting Tapeworm go? Because it didn't work out due to some egos (not Phil, but other musicians) and that there were all these legal issues relating to the individual artists and their respective record companies or some shit?..
Roz
Magically Seditious

Post by Roz »

mindwar wrote:No, apparently Phil did record vocals for a Tapeworm song..There was a list of musicians who had contributed to the various projects somewhere and he was definitely part of it..at least one song..The only contributors I can remember off the top of my head were Phil, Maynard, and I think Rob Halford as well maybe?

Hey, on a side note, didn't Trent say he's letting Tapeworm go? Because it didn't work out due to some egos (not Phil, but other musicians) and that there were all these legal issues relating to the individual artists and their respective record companies or some shit?..

:zzz: no great big loss. i wouldn't assume we're missing anything good. just because artists are good on their own does not mean they'd be good in collaboration. case in point: peanut butter & pickles :tdown:
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

Lauryn wrote: it stand for New Orleans Laouisana (where most of the members are from) The second album is simply DOWN II

:lol:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
heavymetal_chick
Creampuff

what?

Post by heavymetal_chick »

what's a side band? some one PM me, and explain it to me? please??? :aargh: :lol:
Metal kicks ass!!!:
Pantera
Metallica
Tool
My Chemical Romance
Nirvana
..... well, you get the point.

Re: what?

Post by Guest »

heavymetal_chick wrote:what's a side band? some one PM me, and explain it to me? please??? :aargh: :lol:
it's a genre of music where everybody crabwalks/crabdances/crabmoshes on stage.

all crab motions.

as for the music itself, there's no defining trait other than the drummer uses a lot of toms and hi-hats, not very much snare. and the guitarists generally avoid the middle strings. the lyrics are typically on a wide variety of subjects ranging from rice pilaf to the wings of a 747.

if you need further explanation PM me a phone number or valid email address.
Browns Town
CONSPIRACY

Post by Browns Town »

:lol: ^

Hey, anyone know if that's Anselmo repeating "Fucking Fruit" in the background on Anal Cunt's (I Just Saw) The Gayest Guy On Earth? :lol:

I also believe I hear him on
Dead, Gay and Dropped
Trapped
You're A Fucking Cunt
Bill Scott's Dumb
Harvey Korman Is Gay
You Fucking Freak
Three's Company
Big Pants, Bigger Loser
Marc Payson Is A Drunk
You're Dumb
Van Full Of Retards obviously
Dumb, Fat and Gross
I'm Not Stubborn (maybe)
Gloves of Metal
I am a hostile heterosexual male who is very pissed off.
African Tigers Reunited
Far Beyond Driven

Post by African Tigers Reunited »

Bloody mung death
[quote="scorn"]lol[/quote]
Firestorm
Mouth For War

Re: what?

Post by Firestorm »

heavymetal_chick wrote:what's a side band? some one PM me, and explain it to me? please??? :aargh: :lol:
you are dumb :)
lolz
Jorgen
Perceptionless

Post by Jorgen »

Superjoint Ritual
Viking Crown
Eibon
Necrophagia
Christ Inversion
Anal Cunt
Soilent Green
You missed many and added others that he isn't it.
dimebonicsblacktooth
Creampuff

Post by dimebonicsblacktooth »

o and a nother good guest apperance<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1Uh5UEGBNg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1Uh5UEGBNg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
dimebonicsblacktooth
Creampuff

allright that didnt work try thishttp://www.youtube.com/?v=x1Uh5UEGBNg
dimebonicsblacktooth
Creampuff

and if it didnt work for you fuckin people its morbid angel from the reveinting tour wit soulfly morbid and pantera
dead forever
Lynch Mob

Post by dead forever »

No one cares.
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"]Also the only log touching I do is when I touch my own while thinking of hot chicks on this board.[/quote]
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] dead forever remove your avatar now.[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

Browns Town wrote::lol: ^

Hey, anyone know if that's Anselmo repeating "Fucking Fruit" in the background on Anal Cunt's (I Just Saw) The Gayest Guy On Earth? :lol:
I start to crack up as soon as the melody hits. :lol:

And yes that is phil
blogGreen88
Creampuff

tape worm

Post by blogGreen88 »

Are you talking about tape worm or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for tape worm perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as candy or immobilier or jackets.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.
http://www.blog-king.info
Bren
Grim

Post by Bren »

what in the fuck is that^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I am the fucking anti-christ and you will bow down to me.

Post by Guest »

my post in this thread was a career highlight :aargh:
Revolver
Lynch Mob

Post by Revolver »

:lol: :lol:
xonix689
Creampuff

Post by xonix689 »

didnt he play guitar or something for neurosis? or somebody associated with him played guitar at one time in neurosis whatever eh.