Pantera is the single greatest band of all-time.

Talk about anything Pantera related....
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Pantera is the single greatest band of all-time.

Post by GoddamnElectric »

Pantera is the best band since music's birth and they are unlikely to ever be topped.

I don't care that The Beatles invented modern music, they're a pop band at heart.

I don't care that Pantera started out as a gay hair band and then stole their sound from Exhorder. They play Exhorder's own sound one hundred million times better than Exhorder.

I don't care that Pantera gets laughed at as toughie kid music by kvlt metalheads.

I don't care that nobody considers Pantera's music complex or their lyrics intelligent... They are.

Everything good about other bands, Pantera does it better. All the best riffs, all the best words, all the best songs, they all belong to Pantera. There are a lot of amazing bands out there. But there's only one Pantera. And there's only one best band.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson

Post by Guest »

Pantera's pretty good.

They're an excellent gateway band for younger people. :tup:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

A gateway to lesser bands of lower skill level but a higher "coolness rating" from elitists.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson

Post by Guest »

GoddamnElectric wrote:A gateway to lesser bands of lower skill level but a higher "coolness rating" from elitists.
No, the opposite of that actually.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

LOL. Because hip music fans consider Pantera cool! hahaha.

They're about as popular as Linkin Park with hip music fans. That is to say, they're widely despised.

Post by Guest »

GoddamnElectric wrote:LOL. Because hip music fans consider Pantera cool! hahaha.

They're about as popular as Linkin Park with hip music fans. That is to say, they're widely despised.
Who are you talking about? What is a hip music fan?
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

People who hate anything that's particularly popular. Ala the definitive poster at somewhere like Ultimate-Metal.com.

Post by Guest »

Okay, but there are much better bands than Pantera.

It's diehard Pantera fans who seem to be hung up on the fact that they aren't the "greatest ever" just because they're super cool IYO. :|):

Very talented group of guys. Very influential. Very cool.

Not the greatest band ever.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Obviously, it's subjective. To each their own.

I've listened to countless bands. I'm not just some Pantera fanboy. I've been listening to them for a long time and there's never been a time when they were the only band among my favorites. "Much better bands"? Not by my criteria. To me there are none at all. The thing about Pantera is that they encompass so much of what I love about my other favorite bands. There might be bands that rival Pantera in any one area, but nobody puts it all together other than Pantera. I certainly do not consider them the coolest band, they can be kinda lame sometimes. But I certainly can't find any bands that are as good as them. It's not by a wide margin that they win out, but they do manage to edge out on top, for me. The greatest.

peace :pimp:
White Boy
Lynch Mob

Post by White Boy »

WHO THE FUCK ARE PANTERA?
JEW wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Dimebag-Darrell/172364059446349?ref=hl
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

winger was better :zzz:
Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Amy
Hail Dimebag

Post by Amy »

[quote="Brandon"]another funny thing i noticed as i was cleaning out my car.... some chicks phone number... written on the back of a paper which on the front had my chalmydia prescription.[/quote]