You aren't a real Pantera fan unless you've seen them live.

Talk about anything Pantera related....
TerryToughCunt
Lynch Mob

You aren't a real Pantera fan unless you've seen them live.

Post by TerryToughCunt »

To those of you who were too young to see them back in the day, fuck you, you're not a real fan. You're just a worthless Johnny-come-lately fan boy. Your age is no excuse to not have seen them. The only real Pantera fans are the ones who have seen them live, in the flesh. So if you're some 15 year old kid from some country never played in, then fuck you.
!
cURTkOBAIN
Cowboy From Hell

Post by cURTkOBAIN »

Tampora is a great live band. All hail.
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Re: You aren't a real Pantera fan unless you've seen them li

Post by HoustonKJ »

TerryToughCunt wrote:To those of you who were too young to see them back in the day, fuck you, you're not a real fan. You're just a worthless Johnny-come-lately fan boy. Your age is no excuse to not have seen them. The only real Pantera fans are the ones who have seen them live, in the flesh. So if you're some 15 year old kid from some country never played in, then fuck you.
So when did you see them live?
If you can't bench her, don't fuck her.
Crow
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Crow »

o'doyle rules
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

I had tickets. Fucking Osama ruined it though :x :tdown:
GRIM
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

charlie wrote:I had tickets. Fucking Osama ruined it though :x :tdown:
That really sucks.
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

HoustonKJ wrote:this thread really sucks.
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
EvilisthenewGood wrote:I know how time zones work.
Bukkake Tsunami
Master Blumpkin

Post by Bukkake Tsunami »

Edna Bodine wrote:
HoustonKJ wrote:this thread really sucks with out bacon...
HoustonKJ
Lynch Mob

Post by HoustonKJ »

mo0sE
Lynch Mob

Post by mo0sE »

me and my buddy phil were the only ones in our group who had seated tickets, so the others went in downstairs, gave one guy 2 of their tickets, he came out and gave us the standing tickets, i got seriously destroyed in the pit, good times :tup:
If you're reading this, you're stupid
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Post by GoddamnElectric »

Live music pretty much fucking sucks IMO.

I mean even my favorite live albums of all-time, I listen to them like... what, once a year? If even that.

Going to see a show now and then can be fun for the excitement, but in general the studio albums are the true great works and being a true fan of a band through seeing them live is basically like being a true fan of a band through buying a lighter with their logo on it.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Live music pretty much fucking sucks IMO.

I mean even my favorite live albums of all-time, I listen to them like... what, once a year? If even that.

Going to see a show now and then can be fun for the excitement, but in general the studio albums are the true great works and being a true fan of a band through seeing them live is basically like being a true fan of a band through buying a lighter with their logo on it.
''

Pftttt. :lol:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

Most shows are over 14's so I can understand why you pretend not to like them
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]
Crow
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Crow »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Live music pretty much fucking sucks IMO. I mean even my favorite live albums of all-time, I listen to them like... what, once a year? If even that. Going to see a show now and then can be fun for the excitement, but in general the studio albums are the true great works and being a true fan of a band through seeing them live is basically like being a true fan of a band through buying a lighter with their logo on it.
your an absolute fucking disgrace to mankind
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Lager wrote:

Most shows are over 14's so I can understand why you pretend not to like them
What the fuck does "over 14's" mean? Over 14 feet? If it's an age thing. I'm 20, and I never get stopped when I go to bar shows that are 21+.

Live shows are sloppy, the acoustics are always inferior to a studio, and they're just running through the real version in a less-focused way with a "yeah get the fuck up people!" thrown in before the last chorus. If live performance was really that great, bands wouldn't spend a year working on an album. They'd just hook up the mobile and run through the tracks at a bar, all in a row, and they'd have the album done in 60 minutes. 80 at the longest, unless it's a double album.

Bands make their albums good. Then they just sludge through their hits, usually drunk, at shows pretending that it's something special when really it's the exact same setlist and jams that they did in every other city.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

good god what a fucking worthless faggot, you obviously hate music :fu:
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

vulgarstrength wrote:

LOL. I like to listen to the real final product instead of a heartless carnival run-through. Most artists stop caring about a song after they've done it a few hundred times.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

LOL. I like to listen to the real final product instead of a heartless carnival run-through. Most artists stop caring about a song after they've done it a few hundred times.
You need to be banned, or at least tied up naked in front of the entire PBB and egged by everyone.
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

:lol: i just don't know where to start with this guy.
Robert Hollis wrote:Me fucking around with women cost me my college education and also one of the women I was involved for awhile ended up killing herself because she was so depressed
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

You need to be banned, or at least tied up naked in front of the entire PBB and egged by everyone.
You're just powerlessly tied to silly emotions, whereas I actually use logic. A live show is nothing special. If you really care that much about live shows, then do you go see live bands more often than you listen to CDs? Or., on the contrary.. do you listen to CDs on the way to the show? If I want adrenaline and/or to stand around with a bunch of drunk people, I have other sources for that. When it comes to MUSIC, I care about the music, and thus I don't consider live shows to be essential. They can be great fun, and occasionally even great music. But the CD is still the final product.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

You're just powerlessly tied to silly emotions, whereas I actually use logic. A live show is nothing special. If you really care that much about live shows, then do you go see live bands more often than you listen to CDs? Or., on the contrary.. do you listen to CDs on the way to the show? If I want adrenaline and/or to stand around with a bunch of drunk people, I have other sources for that. When it comes to MUSIC, I care about the music, and thus I don't consider live shows to be essential. They can be great fun, and occasionally even great music. But the CD is still the final product.
Your logic makes no sense to anyone but you. How 'bout we put it to a vote.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

Well, you see, the flaw of this is that you guys aren't going on logic, you're just stuck on "wowie live shows r teh hawt." So it'd be a moot point to have a vote.

I'm open to opinions, man. I'm not saying live shows are worthless. 'Twas just countering the trumpd up notion that a true fan sees a live show. If ya'll wanna try and defend live shows, go for it. But it's gonna take more than "Durp, yer teh fag!111" Even if my logic is batshit insane, it still beats out your guys' "logic" by virtue of me having said anything at all.

:)
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

Gotta love them buzzwords, makes even the dumbest fucks feel smart. Next week I wanna see you people over use the word onomatopoeia. Get crack-a-lackin'.
Getcha Hate!
Amy
Hail Dimebag

Post by Amy »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
You're just powerlessly tied to silly emotions, whereas I actually use logic. A live show is nothing special. If you really care that much about live shows, then do you go see live bands more often than you listen to CDs?

'Cause it would be logical to never work and go to live shows all day every day.

Jackass. :lol:
[quote="Brandon"]another funny thing i noticed as i was cleaning out my car.... some chicks phone number... written on the back of a paper which on the front had my chalmydia prescription.[/quote]
hippy
Twat

Post by hippy »

live concerts is what makes or breaks a band for me, you don't sound like the cd? you're fucking garbage
[quote="Buddy"]alfie you have to believe me![/quote]
Phantom Green
Knock Knock

Post by Phantom Green »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

Well, you see, the flaw of this is that you guys aren't going on logic, you're just stuck on "wowie live shows r teh hawt." So it'd be a moot point to have a vote.

I'm open to opinions, man. I'm not saying live shows are worthless. 'Twas just countering the trumpd up notion that a true fan sees a live show. If ya'll wanna try and defend live shows, go for it. But it's gonna take more than "Durp, yer teh fag!111" Even if my logic is batshit insane, it still beats out your guys' "logic" by virtue of me having said anything at all.

Live shows are what make a band, period. You don't get famous without touring, and your live playing is what enables you to have enough fans to make gold records. Now shut the fuck up.
"Shoot him again, his soul's still dancing."

[quote="Wez"]Making love is for faggots![/quote]
rattlehead
I will fuck you up

Post by rattlehead »

never seen pantera live :tdown:
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

That'd be a waste of perfectly good eggs though!
IFryKids
Elitist Asshole

Post by IFryKids »

metaljess wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

That'd be a waste of perfectly good eggs though!
We'll just use yours then!!!!
Recommended Listening for the Moment:

Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

Still would be a waste. :lol:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Thanks so much to the peeps who decided to say anything with any content. You rock!
hippy wrote:live concerts is what makes or breaks a band for me, you don't sound like the cd? you're fucking garbage
Fair enough, man. I don't personally agree but I can 100% dig what you're saying.
Amy wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
You're just powerlessly tied to silly emotions, whereas I actually use logic. A live show is nothing special. If you really care that much about live shows, then do you go see live bands more often than you listen to CDs?

'Cause it would be logical to never work and go to live shows all day every day.

Jackass. :lol:
Fair enough, b. But if you could, would you? If every time you could listen to a CD, you had the choice of seeing a live show instead, would you?
walking_ash wrote:Gotta love them buzzwords, makes even the dumbest fucks feel smart. Next week I wanna see you people over use the word onomatopoeia. Get crack-a-lackin'.
I'm pretty sure the only thing anyone on Panterachat has ever thrown at me is an ad hominem attack. That or "buzzwords" like fag and dipshit. I never believed in stereotypes before, but the guys who truly hate me do seem incapable of having a discussion.
Phantom Green wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
summers_eve wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
vulgarstrength wrote:

Live shows are what make a band, period. You don't get famous without touring, and your live playing is what enables you to have enough fans to make gold records. Now shut the fuck up.
And popularity is somehow important now? You don't need to be popular to be a good band, so it would seem to me that playing live would only be essential for bands who are dedicated to making money. There are a lot of black metal bands that have never done a single live show, like Burzum. There are also countless bands who don't or can't do live shows anymore, like The Doors, Neutral Milk Hotel, Coltrane etc., and they are still massively popular. Granted, playing live may have been essential in their becoming famous in the first place, I don't deny that. But it does say to me that you don't have to keep doing live shows to still be considered great and to still reach countless people. Live shows only reach a handful of people each night. A CD can reach a million people at the same time, almost anywhere and in almost any conditions.

peace & love
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

Still convinced you're 14 years old.
IFryKids
Elitist Asshole

Post by IFryKids »

metaljess wrote:Still would be a waste. :lol:
If you have more babies we'll just throw those instead. :tup:
Recommended Listening for the Moment:

Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
metaljess
firemuff

Post by metaljess »

Sounds like a plan.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

summers_eve wrote:Still convinced you're 14 years old.
Indeed, 'cause all the older people you know are retards? Apparently, nobody over 14 wastes time with actually thinking because they're too stupid to get their mind off of the rat race for a minute. :D
TerryToughCunt
Lynch Mob

Post by TerryToughCunt »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Well, you see, the flaw of this is that you guys aren't going on logic, you're just stuck on "wowie live shows r teh hawt." So it'd be a moot point to have a vote.

Let's see how good your logic works after I pulverize your fucking head.
!
Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

TerryToughCunt wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:Well, you see, the flaw of this is that you guys aren't going on logic, you're just stuck on "wowie live shows r teh hawt." So it'd be a moot point to have a vote.

Edna Bodine
Crunchwrap Supreme

Post by Edna Bodine »

TerryToughCunt wrote:

GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

K, I'm game.
megavic77
Creampuff

Post by megavic77 »

9 times :)
" Ya got any beer in the back dude?"
-Dime-