I've been listening to Pantera all day

Talk about anything Pantera related....
Kellan
Lynch Mob

I've been listening to Pantera all day

Post by Kellan »

first time I've sat down and listened to them in years. Probably about 5 years since I last spun any Pantera album in its entirety, whereas before I absolutely played them to death 24/7.

and the shit hasn't aged a fucking bit. It's still easily the heaviest shit ever.
If listening to FBD at 110dB doesn't make you want to go into a blind destructive rage and annihilate everything in sight then you're a goddamn faggot.
Kings of fucking metal
:tup: :tup: :tup:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Post by GoddamnElectric »

Kings of metal? Totally. I'd say they're the best band ever.

Heaviest shit ever? Heck no. I've always thought it's so strange how people were calling Pantera the heaviest band. Have these people ever heard of death metal? Or black metal? Bands like Cryptopsy and Burzum were recording albums at the same time Pantera was. And modern technology in the last 8 years has made shit even heavier than before. But I guess "heavy" is an extremely subjective term and everyone has their own opinion of what makes something heavy.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
Tyson
Divorced Faggot

Post by Tyson »

Weight usually and with Vinnie Paul in you band, just sayin.
charlie
formerly known as threak

Post by charlie »

GoddamnElectric wrote:Kings of metal? Totally. I'd say they're the best band ever.

Heaviest shit ever? Heck no. I've always thought it's so strange how people were calling Pantera the heaviest band. Have these people ever heard of death metal? Or black metal? Bands like Cryptopsy and Burzum were recording albums at the same time Pantera was. And modern technology in the last 8 years has made shit even heavier than before. But I guess "heavy" is an extremely subjective term and everyone has their own opinion of what makes something heavy.
You never fail to come of as an idiot. Are you 12?
GRIM
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

charlie wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:Kings of metal? Totally. I'd say they're the best band ever.

aheuheuheuheuheuheu
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

charlie wrote:

Yeppers and the ad hominem attacks of the retards on here who refuse to use any kind of logic what-so-ever never fail to lose an argument with me. ;) If I'm 12 then wow... imagine how dumb you must be to lose every argument with me.

Do you honestly think Pantera is the heaviest band of all-time? 'Cause there's probably a billion bands that are heavier.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

charlie wrote:

He likes "butt sex" too!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Lazyfoot
Mouth For War
Location: Information Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum.

Re: I've been listening to Pantera all day

Post by Lazyfoot »

Kellan wrote: It's still easily the heaviest shit ever.
Kings of fucking metal
:tup: :tup: :tup:
UR GIRLFRIEND LOOKS LIKE SHE WASHES HER FACE EVERY NIGHT WITH A BEAR TRAP.

[quote="slay"]damn kids with their wheely boards making racket.[/quote]

[quote="Edna Bodine"]
Go away naked into an industrial fan[/quote]
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

PABassPlayer wrote:
charlie wrote:

He likes "butt sex" too!
Being immune to rape doesn't mean I like butt sex. I don't.

But for Tyson, here's a "heavier" band than Pantera...

Carpathian Forest
PABassPlayer
Lynch Mob

Post by PABassPlayer »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
PABassPlayer wrote:
charlie wrote:

He likes "butt sex" too!
Being immune to rape doesn't mean I like butt sex. I don't.

But for Tyson, here's a "heavier" band than Pantera...

Carpathian Forest
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...and he says he doesn't like butt sex!
[b]"Psycho Gangster"
And why exactly would I change my name to "Schmeagle"?[/b]

[b]"Bukkake Tsunami". My two negro cats are fighting, the one missing a leg is winning.[/b]
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
charlie wrote:

Yeppers and the ad hominem attacks of the retards on here who refuse to use any kind of logic what-so-ever never fail to lose an argument with me. ;) If I'm 12 then wow... imagine how dumb you must be to lose every argument with me.

Do you honestly think Pantera is the heaviest band of all-time? 'Cause there's probably a billion bands that are heavier.
Don't get too upset about it, because "heavy" is a very subjective term.

In my opinion, a band can be heavy even when playing at 80 bpm and tuning at no less than D. What you call heavy is playing at 250 bpm and tuning at B#. In my opinion that's completely wrong, but that's my opinion of course.
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Henkka wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
charlie wrote:

In my opinion, a band can be heavy even when playing at 80 bpm and tuning at no less than D. What you call heavy is playing at 250 bpm and tuning at B#. In my opinion that's completely wrong, but that's my opinion of course.
Even so, Candlemass isn't heavier than Pantera? There's no earth shattering doom bands that crush them on a heaviness scale? Pantera is kind of in the middle as far as style goes, no matter what someone's opinion of heaviness is, there's a fairly good chance Pantera isn't going to come out as the heaviest. There's no blackened thrash band or something that fits your idea of heaviness and trumps Pantera?
Henkka
I will fuck you up

Post by Henkka »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
Henkka wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:
charlie wrote:

Even so, Candlemass isn't heavier than Pantera? There's no earth shattering doom bands that crush them on a heaviness scale? Pantera is kind of in the middle as far as style goes, no matter what someone's opinion of heaviness is, there's a fairly good chance Pantera isn't going to come out as the heaviest. There's no blackened thrash band or something that fits your idea of heaviness and trumps Pantera?
To tell you the truth, no. But tastes are tastes.
[quote="hektik"]"I viewed this whole topic with my husband :lol: "
I wonder if they made voices for each username. :fu:[/quote]
Bodom J
Lynch Mob

Post by Bodom J »

pantera were pretty fucking heavy. of course, there are more extreme bands out there but in terms of pure sonic density...pantera were pretty fucking heavy.
Recommended listen:

Artist: Dark Tranquillity
Album: Construct
Song: What Only You Know

Post by Guest »

Hi, SlutBoy4000.
summers_eve
Lynch Mob

Post by summers_eve »

SlutBoy4000 wrote:Hey... I wanan talk Superjoint Ritual
Alright, cool. Down is better - discussion = over. :tup:
[quote="seriousheavymetaller"]Yes, I'm currently finishing my Master's degree in Creative Writing. :tup: [/quote]
Richard The Duke
Lynch Mob

Post by Richard The Duke »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
charlie wrote:

VERY VERY TRUE. :tup:
[quote="heavymetalsoldier666"] my father is coming[/quote]
Wrona
Mouth For War

Post by Wrona »

FBD at 110db made me go deaf and crochet... WEAK dude, fuckin' weak!
cURTkOBAIN
Cowboy From Hell

Post by cURTkOBAIN »

I like Exhorder.
morgbite
Lost

Post by morgbite »

I listened to Pantera on the bus the other day. holy schitt I was fucking rocking out and punching the air lone star state style. I was gonna tear shit up in that muther fucker.
Once more unto the breech dear friends, for England,Harry and St George!
I'M A FUCKING FAGGOT! NICE COCK DUDE!
Tyson
Divorced Faggot

Post by Tyson »

Short bus?
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

You people have a shitty taste in music.
Getcha Hate!
jerrycurljuice
Lynch Mob

Post by jerrycurljuice »

Tyson wrote:Short bus?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aretnap
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Aretnap »

pantera sucks. strapping young lad rules.
Aretnap
Far Beyond Driven

Post by Aretnap »

Aretnap wrote:pantera sucks. strapping young lad rules.
fuck you :fu:
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Re: I've been listening to Pantera all day

Post by -Dimebag- »

Kellan wrote:If listening to FBD at 110dB doesn't make you want to go into a blind destructive rage and annihilate everything in sight then you're a goddamn faggot.
And that is how I lost my driver's license
For a rotten soul, Death is the most prestigious destination