I think the real reason pantera broke up

Talk about anything Pantera related....
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

I think the real reason pantera broke up

Post by walnut »

Is because Phil was depressed that none of Pantera's music was good enough to become a hit on the radio. Their songs were popular but never rocked the charts. I think this is a real shame as not many people really knew about Pantera or what they were about. They probably could have one like four grammies if Dime had gotten his drinking under control and didn't let his guitar skills deteriorate like they did.
Lord of This World
TittySprinkles

Post by Lord of This World »

not many people knew pantera? they had a fucking behind the music. it doesn't get much more mainstream than that. GET OUT MAH FACE
stoic wrote:good news...everyone took that at face value and immediately stopped thinking you're a scared dork fuck.
hektik
baltimore welfare dept.

Post by hektik »

Yeah, I've never heard I'm Broken, Cemetery Gates, Cowboys From Hell, Drag The Waters, Walk, or Mouth for War on the radio. Ever.
aggressor_27 wrote:Shut the fuck up, foreigner. With your fingers.
RandomRussianDude
Vodkaholic

Post by RandomRussianDude »

walnut what has you been smoking?
Bodom J wrote:I've shit my pants twice :tup:
Tyson wrote:i just shat myself twice... i typed this sitting in liqued shit
mr.schneebly's_friend
Creampuff

Post by mr.schneebly's_friend »

walnut, wtf? Phil has broked up Pantera, and no more to say.
I search for mr.schneebly from USA, from www.DarkLyrics.com. He is my good friend. If anyone knows him, please contact me! Man, I very miss you!....
mr.schneebly's_friend
Creampuff

by the way, guys, check this shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_vV4QbFHao
it's the interview of Phillip Anselmo "Last Goodbye to Dime"
I search for mr.schneebly from USA, from www.DarkLyrics.com. He is my good friend. If anyone knows him, please contact me! Man, I very miss you!....
vulgarstrength
Mouth For War

Post by vulgarstrength »

mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:by the way, guys, check this shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_vV4QbFHao
it's the interview of Phillip Anselmo "Last Goodbye to Dime"
You know what, why don't you all just call me Mr. S.
[quote="BassPhemy"]Whoever doesn't love Ernest can just have a bleach sandwich.[/quote]

[quote="Dirty Sanchez"]dont know how and wouldnt do it if i knew how, go fuck yourself[/quote]
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Post by eurotard with tekno »

dime stayed a champ like early 90s. real reason is cos phill ran off with dimes pink fluffy bunny slippers and never gave them back
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:walnut, wtf? Phil has broked up Pantera, and no more to say.
Dime and Vinnie were the ones that ended Pantera.
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

Aeon wrote:
mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:walnut, wtf? Phil has broked up Pantera, and no more to say.
Dime and Vinnie were the ones that ended Pantera.
phil let rip like teh guy in trainspotters on teh bed. right under the fairylights in dimes yard
have a house party with a 40watt lamp [url=http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=411517&file=filename.pls]init[/url]
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Re: I think the real reason pantera broke up

Post by walking_ash »

walnut wrote:Is because Phil was depressed that none of Pantera's music was good enough to become a hit on the radio. Their songs were popular but never rocked the charts. I think this is a real shame as not many people really knew about Pantera or what they were about. They probably could have one like four grammies if Dime had gotten his drinking under control and didn't let his guitar skills deteriorate like they did.
You fucking moron. Dime could smoke the likes of Zakk "Muppet-Vocals" Wylde drunk off his ass. And Pantera were all over the fucking "charts" in their prime, which is irrelevant, because only women and closet homosexuals watch shit like the grammies and music awards, or base their opinions on the shit.
Getcha Hate!
mr.schneebly's_friend
Creampuff

AEON, how did they end Pantera?
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

had tantrums and cried like every other band. cept pantera took it that bit further. came out with phils a junkie. never stays in time. and pisses away most the shows just chatting shit on stage
Aeon
Oh Alfie...

Post by Aeon »

mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:AEON, how did they end Pantera?
They said they were done with Pantera 5 years ago in Guitar World.
mr.schneebly's_friend
Creampuff

Aeon wrote: They said they were done with Pantera 5 years ago in Guitar World.
ha ha! really? with such success you could believe that I killed Kennedy! they said it because of Anselmo's act and attitude... so, ask him - what's wrong with his mind?
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

what i typed asshole
Big Ben
Mouth For War

Post by Big Ben »

mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:
Aeon wrote: They said they were done with Pantera 5 years ago in Guitar World.
ha ha! really? with such success you could believe that I killed Kennedy! they said it because of Anselmo's act and attitude... so, ask him - what's wrong with his mind?
Phil stated multiple times in interviews that he was still doing Pantera just before the breakup, it was Dime and Vinnie's decision to end it.
e.townconcrete wrote:who is this guy? why is he black?
EvilisthenewGood wrote:Do some research Ben before you trash Kia.
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

Big Ben wrote: Phil stated multiple times in interviews that he was still doing Pantera just before the breakup, it was Dime and Vinnie's decision to end it.
Oh yeah, maybe if I pick a side instead of minding my own fucking business, Phil will let me suck his dick someday.
Aeon wrote:
mr.schneebly's_friend wrote:AEON, how did they end Pantera?
They said they were done with Pantera 5 years ago in Guitar World.
Damageplan formed 5 years ago. So, I'm sure they were done with Pantera by then, but it doesn't prove who made the ultimate decision a year before that when the band was on "hiatus".
Getcha Hate!
whitemike
Get to tha choppa!

Post by whitemike »

mr.schneebly's_friend wrote: so, ask him - what's wrong with his mind?
:lll:
walnut
Far Beyond Driven

Post by walnut »

walking_ash wrote:
walnut wrote:Is because Phil was depressed that none of Pantera's music was good enough to become a hit on the radio. Their songs were popular but never rocked the charts. I think this is a real shame as not many people really knew about Pantera or what they were about. They probably could have one like four grammies if Dime had gotten his drinking under control and didn't let his guitar skills deteriorate like they did.
You fucking moron. Dime could smoke the likes of Zakk "Muppet-Vocals" Wylde drunk off his ass. And Pantera were all over the fucking "charts" in their prime, which is irrelevant, because only women and closet homosexuals watch shit like the grammies and music awards, or base their opinions on the shit.
You're the moron, not me. I already explained that Zakk Wylde was better than both Phil and Dime since he could sing and play guitar at the same time.

How many hits did Pantera make? How much airplay did they get on MTV? That right there should tell you something. They would have been on MTV more and won grammies if they were any good.

Anyway, regarding the other posts in this thread, the reason Pantera drifted apart was because Vinnie and Dime couldn't accept the fact that Phil was the boss. They insisted on trying to be in the limelight all the time and became jealous of Phil. Did you see the part in the VH1 Behind The Music special where Dime kept interupting Phil during one of his speeches by squealing his guitar and Phil actually had to tell him to "stop making all that stupid f*cking noise?"

I wouldn't put up with that kind of bull crap, and if I were Phil I would have fired Dime's ass.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Post by GoddamnElectric »

Walnut, were you in a drug haze in the 90s? Pantera are among the most successful metal bands of all-time. They had a number one album and 2 other top 5 albums.

They're not Mariah Carey but they're pretty mainstream. Your faith in MTV & grammies is laughable. As if MTV plays all the best stuff? They decide what's good?
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
eurotard with tekno
I will fuck you up

mtv plays pop music. you need kerrang channel or some shit http://www2.kerrang.com/KerrangTV/

pantera only got grammies because floods and hollow etc. and the rest added up to any1 being a alcoholic story
panther79
Creampuff

Post by panther79 »

walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote: You fucking moron. Dime could smoke the likes of Zakk "Muppet-Vocals" Wylde drunk off his ass. And Pantera were all over the fucking "charts" in their prime, which is irrelevant, because only women and closet homosexuals watch shit like the grammies and music awards, or base their opinions on the shit.
You're the moron, not me. I already explained that Zakk Wylde was better than both Phil and Dime since he could sing and play guitar at the same time.

How many hits did Pantera make? How much airplay did they get on MTV? That right there should tell you something. They would have been on MTV more and won grammies if they were any good.

Anyway, regarding the other posts in this thread, the reason Pantera drifted apart was because Vinnie and Dime couldn't accept the fact that Phil was the boss. They insisted on trying to be in the limelight all the time and became jealous of Phil. Did you see the part in the VH1 Behind The Music special where Dime kept interupting Phil during one of his speeches by squealing his guitar and Phil actually had to tell him to "stop making all that stupid f*cking noise?"

I wouldn't put up with that kind of bull crap, and if I were Phil I would have fired Dime's ass.
You sir are a fucktard of the highest order. And comparing Zakk Wylde to Dime shows that even before reading the rest of your verbal dairrhoea.
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

panther79 wrote:
walnut wrote:
walking_ash wrote: You fucking moron. Dime could smoke the likes of Zakk "Muppet-Vocals" Wylde drunk off his ass. And Pantera were all over the fucking "charts" in their prime, which is irrelevant, because only women and closet homosexuals watch shit like the grammies and music awards, or base their opinions on the shit.

You sir are a fucktard of the highest order. And comparing Zakk Wylde to Dime shows that even before reading the rest of your verbal dairrhoea.
Walnut actually makes a good point.
Getcha Hate!
panther79
Creampuff

Post by panther79 »

walking_ash wrote:
panther79 wrote:
walnut wrote:

Only seemingly so, to fellow retards like yourself.

Phil was the boss only in the sense that without him there was no Pantera. The same is true of the other members with the possible exception of Rex. Then how was Phil the boss of Pantera. If anything Dime was the boss because it was him and Vinnie who dissolved the band to form Damageplan after Phil was a no-show for the better part of two fucking years. People were cautious around Phil only coz he openly wore a menacing aura that made them tread on eggshells. Still dont mean he was the boss of anything.

And jealousy? wtf? I think its been made abundantly clear Phil had a serious heroin addiction that interfered with his judgment and sense of responsibility to his band mates. If anything it wouldve been more a case of Dime being like "What the fuck dude. We had the world in the palm of our hands and you go and totally fuck it all up, you fucking junkie." Thats the reason imo why Dime let himself go and gained a lot of weight after Pantera split. Losing Phil and consequently Pantera was devastating for him even though he didnt like to show it.

And as for Pantera never getting air time, well they did get it, but like any truly heavy metal band there will always only be a niche for it in mainstream. Its not necessarily the type of music that appeals to that wide a range of people. People would much rather listen to Ashlee Simpson lipsynch on television.
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

panther79 wrote:
walking_ash wrote:
panther79 wrote:
walnut wrote:

Only seemingly so, to fellow retards like yourself.

Phil was the boss only in the sense that without him there was no Pantera. The same is true of the other members with the possible exception of Rex. Then how was Phil the boss of Pantera. If anything Dime was the boss because it was him and Vinnie who dissolved the band to form Damageplan after Phil was a no-show for the better part of two fucking years. People were cautious around Phil only coz he openly wore a menacing aura that made them tread on eggshells. Still dont mean he was the boss of anything.

And jealousy? wtf? I think its been made abundantly clear Phil had a serious heroin addiction that interfered with his judgment and sense of responsibility to his band mates. If anything it wouldve been more a case of Dime being like "What the fuck dude. We had the world in the palm of our hands and you go and totally fuck it all up, you fucking junkie." Thats the reason imo why Dime let himself go and gained a lot of weight after Pantera split. Losing Phil and consequently Pantera was devastating for him even though he didnt like to show it.

And as for Pantera never getting air time, well they did get it, but like any truly heavy metal band there will always only be a niche for it in mainstream. Its not necessarily the type of music that appeals to that wide a range of people. People would much rather listen to Ashlee Simpson lipsynch on television.
Without reading that novel I will state with utmost confidence that you are absolutely wrong. Dimebag was born in 1966. Him and Zakk started playing at the age of 15, respectively. The only difference is Zakk was born June 6th, 1944. Therefore he has decades more experience with guitar than Dimebag, aka Diamond, aka Uncle Slam. Pantera originally started as a mariachi band in Juarez Mexico, so Dimebag had a lot of catching up to do when metal started becoming mainstream in the United States. Whereas Zakk was already shredding riffs and making hits playing for Lita Ford.

Getcha Hate!
panther79
Creampuff

Post by panther79 »

None of that shit means anything. The irony here is Zakk would probably agree Dime was the better guitarist, and not just out of a sense of modesty but out of appreciation for technical brilliance and innovation.

Zakk's riffing is a disoriented homogenous mass of pentatonic shreds. Dimes always had a distinctive form and was truly innovative.

You seem to be measuring these two guys based on when they started in music etc. All inconsequential bullshit. Zakk was a fucking gas station attendant in NJ before being discovered. What matters is how good they actually are as musicians and the heights they achieved through their music. I think most fans would agree Dime rose to an unequaled level.

PS - Youre saying Zakk was born in 44? Are you out of your fucking mind? That would make him almost as old as my grandma and shes like 71 or something. Where do you get your info from, the CIA?
walking_ash
Lynch Mob

Post by walking_ash »

panther79 wrote:None of that shit means anything. The irony here is Zakk would probably agree Dime was the better guitarist, and not just out of a sense of modesty but out of appreciation for technical brilliance and innovation.

Zakk's riffing is a disoriented homogenous mass of pentatonic shreds. Dimes always had a distinctive form and was truly innovative.

You seem to be measuring these two guys based on when they started in music etc. All inconsequential bullshit. Zakk was a fucking gas station attendant in NJ before being discovered. What matters is how good they actually are as musicians and the heights they achieved through their music. I think most fans would agree Dime rose to an unequaled level.

PS - Youre saying Zakk was born in 44? Are you out of your fucking mind? That would make him almost as old as my grandma and shes like 71 or something. Where do you get your info from, the CIA?
About 17 years ago Zakk challenged Dimebag to a gentleman's fisticuff. Upon defeat, the loser would admit the other guitarist was better than he. Zakk won this match, thus, proclaimed he as the better guitar player. Don't you watch CNN? Or do you hide under your bed all day listening to Exhorder and making this stuff up.
Getcha Hate!
panther79
Creampuff

Post by panther79 »

walking_ash wrote: About 17 years ago Zakk challenged Dimebag to a gentleman's fisticuff. Upon defeat, the loser would admit the other guitarist was better than he. Zakk won this match, thus, proclaimed he as the better guitar player. Don't you watch CNN? Or do you hide under your bed all day listening to Exhorder and making this stuff up.
Dang..you caught me out there..i beg you, have mercy on a closet Exhorderer

:fu:
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Zakk Wylde is pretty much a nothing guitarist. The stuff he comes out with is so damn weak.
“These children that come at you with knives, they are your children. You taught them. I didn't teach them. I just tried to help them stand up.” - Charlie Manson
Bloody Fists
Cowboy From Hell

Post by Bloody Fists »

from what I have read so far .......walnut blows monkey chowder
-Dimebag-
Cowboy From Hell

Post by -Dimebag- »

I understood how repetitive he was when I heard his solo in ozzy's tune wich I don't remember the name. If you saw the live Dvd Its basically the live guitar solo he does at every show done once again...

On vocals, It goes a little something like this : "wrararaarwarawfea wanna wrawarwra the top wrwarwraawraraaa I don't wanna stop" :lol:

Totally uncomprehensible the one time I heard it on the radio...
Prozac must have been quite a motivator for him to sing like that...
Keeping his last brain cell alive.
For a rotten soul, Death is the most prestigious destination
Phillip Anselmo
Creampuff

Post by Phillip Anselmo »

You god damn insolent assholes. Live one second in my God damn shoes and you would understand why Pantera is no more. I put my God Damn heart into that band, i don't need no pussies telling me this cat is to blame. Stop listening to those fucking cats running the GODDAMN heavy metal media for two seconds and look deep within. You'll find the truth.
Stronger than All.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

You're not Phil Anselmo you stupid cunt.
Bar Rat
How much do you Bench?

Post by Bar Rat »

Yer not Goddamn Electric, poopy pants!
Suns out, guns out!
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

Bar Rat wrote:Yer not Goddamn Electric, poopy pants!
*rolleyes*

Goddamn Electric is a song. I'm not claiming to be anyone that I'm not. Is this "Phillip Anselmo" an account of yours? Because otherwise I don't see why you'd defend him.
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

GoddamnElectric wrote:
Bar Rat wrote:Yer not Goddamn Electric, poopy pants!
*rolleyes*

Goddamn Electric is a song. I'm not claiming to be anyone that I'm not. Is this "Phillip Anselmo" an account of yours? Because otherwise I don't see why you'd defend him.
bra phil reads these forums and interferes every now and again. most people ignore him though, so just shrug off whatever he says.
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
GoddamnElectric
Far Beyond Driven

I don't believe for half a second that it's the actual Phil Anselmo from Pantera who posted that. :roll:

Do you know how common it is for people to pretend on the internet?
DBS
Haunted

Post by DBS »

GoddamnElectric wrote:I don't believe for half a second that it's the actual Phil Anselmo from Pantera who posted that. :roll:

yeah this place is full of assholes but absolutely nobody pays attention to phil posting here either. before the board crashed he would post every couple of days absolutely wasted and it just got old, so everyone stopped replying cos it clogs up the board. best thing you can do is ignore him :tup:
Bodom J wrote:I wish I was even a quarter as good looking as dbs.
Lager
Dick Fixed

Post by Lager »

DBS wrote:
GoddamnElectric wrote:I don't believe for half a second that it's the actual Phil Anselmo from Pantera who posted that. :roll:

yeah this place is full of assholes but absolutely nobody pays attention to phil posting here either. before the board crashed he would post every couple of days absolutely wasted and it just got old, so everyone stopped replying cos it clogs up the board. best thing you can do is ignore him :tup:
Explaining that to new guys gets old quick! :negro:
[quote="trendkiller"]I could lie and say I was downloading a crack for a game or it was a random virus but no, I was trying to watch a horse have sex with a woman.[/quote]
[quote="Neon Doll"]if u wasnt a virgin, you knoe hoe yo sndewrt yhid[/quote]